FN Herstal Firearms banner

Springfield Armory XD 45

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  abpt1 
#1 ·
Hey, I just picked up this XD 45, 13+1. This is one sweet pistol! Anyone that has had the opportunity to handle one of these XD's knows what I'm talking about. I bought the 4" service model. It came with two 13 round mags, a XD belt holster, XD dual magazine pouch and a magazine loader. The trigger on this gun is amazing. It's like a single action trigger with just a little bit of travel. The grip is almost as good feeling as my new S&W M&P 45. This gun has just knocked down my Glock 21 a few more notches....

See less See more
#2 ·
I never cared for XDs before - but I rented a 4" service 45 ACP XD - and I loved it.

Later this year - I plan to get a 2 tone model. I am just debating whether or not to stay with the 4" like I rented, or get the 5" barrel.

The 45 ACP XD and the Ruger 345 are my next 2 planned gun purchases - just haven't decided which I will get 1st

Congrats! :shock:

#3 ·
I know what you are talking about Ship. I've walked past these XD's for a long time and never even bothered to pick one up until a few weeks ago. Now I can't believe I have over looked this gun for so long...... The price was $519 before sales tax.

#8 ·
Ship Wrote:
I think it is much better than a Glock. I have owned 4 Glocks since 1993. I have zero now and will never buy another...
Thats fine. I own 2 right now, but have had two others in the past that I sold.

I like S&W revolvers, I just never took to the high/elevated slide on the S&W semi-auto pistols.

Buy the way, what does M&P stand for?

#10 ·
I have shot the XD and I used to own a G17 and a G23 I dont think i will ever buy another glock either BTW the xd has a few too many parts for me But I do like my M&P a lot just because of how well it fits in my hand .... :?

#14 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_M&P

The Smith & Wesson Military & Police revolver, later known as the Smith & Wesson Model 10 and (for those produced during WWII) the Smith & Wesson Victory Model, is a .38-calibre, six-shot handgun initially developed in 1899 as the Smith & Wesson .38 Hand Ejector model.This model in all its incarnations has been in production since 1899

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.