FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I'm planing on getting a .40, I've had several people tell me to take a serious look at the XD. Anybody here with experience with one, your advice would be welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have shot the 9mma nd 45 XDs - I rented them. The 9mm rental occurred about 1.5 to 2 years ago. It was just so so to me. I guess I was unfairly trying to compare it to my Walther P99 A/S.

However - I rented the 45 ACP XD about 3 months ago. I was VERY impressed. I had zero interest in XDs before - but now my next gun will likely be a XD 45. I was amazed at the accuracy of it. And, once the trigger gets broken in (like the rental was), the trigger was very nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ship, since you are about the 5'th person to tell me the same thing, I think you may have tipped the scales. Depending on how it feels of course.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've only shot an XD in 9mm, but I haven't looked back since getting mine 2 years ago. Not the prettiest of guns, but IMO it's comfortable to shoot for extended periods and has been super reliable for me.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My XD-9 has been reliable. I admit that I don't shoot it a lot though. I prefer DA/SA actions. The XD has some interesting features and it seems they are getting more popular all the time. They were kinda shuned at first by people on some of the froums. "It's just a Glock with bells and whistles to break".

But as time has gone on, it seems to be more and more accepted. I kinda like the grip safety and cocked indicator, and it has a trigger safety like a Glock too. It fits my hand as well as my Glock 17 does. I have no complaints about the gun and I am glad I bought one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a XD 4 Inch service model in 357 Sig and I use a match grade 40 cal barrel in it at times. It is extremely accurate, light and fun to shoot.
I have laser max guide rod in it as well.

I am comparing to following pistols i own
Sig P250 9mm
CZ-75 SP-01 9mm
Five Seven
Sig P232
Beretta 92
Beretta PX4

·
Registered
67 Posts
Up until recently, I carried a Sig P229R in .357 Sig as my duty pistol. It was recently replaced by my new Springfield XD45 and I have absolutely no regrets. First class pistol if you ask me. Lightweight, very manageable recoil, extremely robust, accurate and reliable. I now have just over 800 rounds through it with no problems at all.

I highly recommend picking one up. I got mine for $500.00 out the door. :?

Tspeis

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I plan to buy one soon - but I want the stainless lide. And, I like the new desert colored frame with the stainless slide. That's what I want.

My shop has 1, but it has a few "gun store scratches" already. So, I'll see if the next gun show I get to has 1.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just took this for this weeks Caturday on Fark.com, thought you guys might get a giggle out of it

·
Banned
114 Posts
He's got a pretty lazy grip on that thing. How's the cats aim?

·
Banned
114 Posts
Freez! Givz me awl your cats nip!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts