FN Herstal Firearms banner

Spyderco Salt - the best marine application knives ever!!!

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  hillbillyjim 
#1 ·
I love these mamajamas. They are literally rust free. These four just came in today to augment the other three I already have. BTW, this is what a supposed equivalence from Benchmade look like with similar usage - H2O Griptillian.

See less See more
#5 ·
Another happy Spyderco user. I have several Spyderco Salt folding knives and a few Spyderco fixed blade knives made with H1 steel blades. My Tasman Salt is one of my EDC knives, lightweight and the hooked serrated blade is an awesome cutter.

"H1 is a precipitation-hardened steel containing nitrogen instead of carbon, which cannot rust."

The only Salt knife I ever saw with surface (only) stains had been left in a tub of chlorine tablets. It cleaned up nicely. H1 is a work hardening steel so a serrated edge is perfect for this steel.

#6 ·
I was gifted one of these from some folks in Kuwait. I have been beating the crap out of it and its been holding up nicely. I can't speak for the rust factor because it's dryer than Betty White's socks out there but the edge holds up nicely. Nice knives OP!

#8 ·
Nice!!!! :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.