FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I just received 10k of SS190. Upon inspection, I noticed that it had no color indicator on the bullet. I thought the SS190 normally had a black paint tip. Can anyone enlighten me when this change occurred? And if this is the normal now?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they do stick to a magnet. I'm not worried about it being legitimate, this came direct from FN, and is part of a larger order.

Pure curiosity on my part about the coloring.

I'll post pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
This is not the buying or selling section of the forum.

Thread cleaned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not the buying or selling section of the forum.

Thread cleaned.
Sorry if I offended anyone, or put this in the wrong forum. This was from an order for my LE agency, and is definitely not for sale of trade. I was just curious as to the rounds markings and if anyone had a possible timeline of when rounds were marked certain ways.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
They are real. The lot number or headstamp will tell you when they were made.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
When a post is made offering to buy a box I'd say that dealt with buying.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Did I say you were the one who posted it?

Now stay on topic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a pain to get

Boy this ammo is a royal pain to get. Got some for a police department. Took a month for the Atf paperwork to clear. Fn filed an import permit and after approval it was shipped from a customs warehouse in Va directly to the department along with the approved paperwork. It looks the same as the ammo in this thread. They must not sell a lot of it because it's dated 2008 also. 7 year old ammo?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I assume it's hard at first to get as a first time LEO or Mil organization order, but once you're in FNH's database and all the BATFE, Customs, State, etc. paperwork are on file, all subsequent orders would be 10x easier to obtain.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
There is always some for sale on Gunbroker usually about $300. per box sometimes cheaper! Seen it as low as $250. however it wont defeat level 3 armor, had thought about getting some but with Liberty ammo now being avail. not really wanting it anymore!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is always some for sale on Gunbroker usually about $300. per box sometimes cheaper! Seen it as low as $250. however it wont defeat level 3 armor, had thought about getting some but with Liberty ammo now being avail. not really wanting it anymore!
Liberty ammo? What the heck is that?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.