FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have stockpiled 1000 rounds of ss197 and just won a auction on gun brokers for ss198 (500 rounds)for $350 anyways should i just use the ss197 for hd then use ss198 as back up oh by the way i won a ps90 and a 5.7 od green pistol

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Either will work fine for HD. I would use the 197 myself for HD based upon the ballistics. SS197 is much cheaper to shoot at the range. Shoot it up and buy some more.

·
Registered
514 Posts
People ask this question often. But the fact of the matter is no matter what round you decide to use for home defense 197 or 198 either will do the job. Anyone that tells you different has never watched a man dying with a gun shot wound to the head with a single shot (22 round). So you can only imagine what the 197 or 198 would do. It would be unthinkable!

Same thing I hear with the 223 or 556. Ask yourself this question. Would you want to be at the end of either round?

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
People ask this question often. But the fact of the matter is no matter what round you decide to use for home defense 197 or 198 either will do the job. Anyone that tells you different has never watched a man dying with a gun shot wound to the head with a single shot (22 round). So you can only imagine what the 197 or 198 would do. It would be unthinkable!

Same thing I hear with the 223 or 556. Ask yourself this question. Would you want to be at the end of either round?
Yes... I agree, and want to add.... they would even get to see the " FLASH of light " before the end of their days.... albiet not a flash of white light, it would be muzzle blast orange, ( the white light....that would come second ) as the blood leaves their head !

I do have the green tips loaded in mine.

Reactions: JMike
1 - 7 of 7 Posts