FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much should I be paying for ss198lf per round and is this ammo any good I don't own a 5.7 yet but it will probably be my next pistol purchase I have access to a large amount of ss198lf and my buddy says the ammo for 5.7 is hard to get so I thought I would ask the pro's

·
Registered
192 Posts
:singlebullet:$0.50 TO $0.64 CENTS PER ROUND AND AVAILABILITY IS GETTING BETTER YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT.
For other 5.7 ammo that would be a correct price range, but not SS198lf.

SS198 is worth more like $0.70 to $0.80 per round, a lot more expensive than American Eagle 5.7.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What Lester said. Never paid more than $0.65 per round myself. Look for it and be ready to buy large when you find it at the right number.

·
Registered
615 Posts
LIKE I SAID YOU HAVE TO KNOW WERE TO LOOK:biggrin:
What Lester said. Never paid more than $0.65 per round myself. Look for it and be ready to buy large when you find it at the right number.
:singlebullet:$0.50 TO $0.64 CENTS PER ROUND AND AVAILABILITY IS GETTING BETTER YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT.
+1 on LESTER and asrassoc for SS198. But you have to be where LESTER posts it to get those prices. :mrgreen:

SS197 - .63/rd max for me when I needed it.
AE5728 - .46/rd max

And finally for any form of 5.7x28mm from Elite Ammunition's website - don't look at the price, just buy it.

And NomadChris, the ammo did go through a period of short supply. But so did 9mm/380acp and even 22lr. Same highway, different lane. The FiveseveN is in a league of it's own, you wouldn't regret the buy once you had one.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Maybe we can get jhs27275 to chime in... ?
I would never use anything Elite made in any of my guns, but that's just me.

I have plenty of 192, 198, and 190. All bought at the LE price when $20 a box was considered a high price. :biggrin:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jhs27275 if you ever want to get rid of some of that ss190 i'd be more than happy to take some off your hands :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would never use anything Elite made in any of my guns, but that's just me.

I have plenty of 192, 198, and 190. All bought at the LE price when $20 a box was considered a high price. :biggrin:
Is that post based on past politics or is your opinion based on actually shooting EA ammo? Basically are you implying the products produced are sub quality or not meeting advertised specifications? I see EA selling on GunBroker for $180+ per box, so find it hard to believe the product is the issue.

And what's the secrete to getting SS190 cheap I want to know? Lol. Best deal I have seen is $250 per box of 50rnds. I want some for ballistics testing, but not at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Administrator
11,356 Posts
Is that post based on past politics or is your opinion based on actually shooting EA ammo? Basically are you implying the products produced are sub quality or not meeting
advertised specifications? I see EA selling on GunBroker for $180+ per box, so find it hard to believe the product is the issue.

And what's the secrete to getting SS190 cheap I want to know? Lol. Best deal I have seen is $250 per box of 50rnds. I want some for ballistics testing, but not at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
LEO pricing for SS190 is less than what civies pay for the AE stuff.

I would not fire anything that Elite made either. Just MY preference and opinion. Think of it as loading your 32psi tires to 75psi. Nothing but bad can come of it over time. Although they might have something closer to factory I don't know what they call it.

And it is reloaded. They have to break down new rounds for the brass.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Think of it as loading your 32psi tires to 75psi. Nothing but bad can come of it over time. Although they might have something closer to factory I don't know what they call it.

And it is reloaded. They have to break down new rounds for the brass.
I appreciate your analogy, but have to ask- do you know Elite's load data? I'm only asking because I'm quite curious as to whether you really think they use double loads (plus a third if we base on your analogy's math) in their ammunition?

Pretty sure we've all seen the results of a double load thanks to the hand guy. From a liability standpoint I find it hard to believe they're 2.3 times loads. And personally, I use hand loads for match and don't have an issue with quality controlled reloads for SelfDefense. Especially when it's new brass (never been fired).

To each his own, but let's keep the debate to known facts. We'll all benefit from the results if we agree to leaving speculation out of the debate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.