FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight on the NBC Nightly News, Stag Arms is visited by the nightly news crew to discuss the popularity of the AR-15. A New York Times article on June 3, 2007 raised the issue of the widespread popularity and use of the AR-15 in America. In this New York Times article, Stag Arms is highlighted as one of the world's largest manufacturers of AR-15 rifles and parts. NBC requested to visit the Stag Arms factory to see what it is like at a firearms factory that manufactures one of the most popular rifles in America. Tune in tonight to catch a must watch report on the NBC Nightly News.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I got that email from them

I bet it turns into a piece that portrays Stag as a mfg of military assault rifles selling them into the hands of militias and crooks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well that was less than interesting.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
It was about 2.5 min long if that....
They showed a "modern business woman" shooting her AR at the range in different move and shoot senarios and a few prone shots. They explained she likes to shoot and then they interviewed her. Don't take this the wrong way but she was very rough and seemed a little "abrasive" (I think her voice was deeper than mine). She said she liked to shoot to relax (and then they show her round a wall and fire off a double tap through a window at a target on the range). Then they interviewed the guy who started Stag Arms who is "cashing in on the new "black rifle" craze" (not once in the story did the words AR15 come out). Then to an "anti-violence" gun control spokeswoman who said these rifles are only good for killing, showed the Bushy the DC Sniper used and said they are used by criminals.

No real info, nothing of real substance.

ETA - hey its on youtube! What did I ever do before the Internet????

·
Registered
156 Posts
I didn't know that piece was going to be on the news, but I caught it and was wondering why they bothered to do it. As far as I know, AR's have been popular with civilian shooters for decades, there haven't been any recent high-profile shootings with the AR-15, and the piece didn't seem to go anywhere or say anything remotely new. "-We need two minutes of menacing filler, get on it."

That said, their insistence on using the term "black rifle" as many times as possible seemed amusing to me. I was also amused by the line that pistol grips allow a person to shoot from the hip as though shooting from the hip was a desirable thing that gave the shooter the advantage in a gunfight. I'll admit that the pro-gun woman was a little bit aggressive, but she's not a trained PR person and I doubt they let her do re-takes in the way they would probably let the spokeswoman from the anti-gun side do.

To me, it was repackaged old material.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a load of BS... That's all... A way to make an anti piece that didn't seem that anti...

·
Registered
225 Posts
wow they didnt even get the DC Sniper's rifle correct. they showed something with an Eotech. the DC Sniper used a Bushmaster Dissapator.
Firing from the hip... Ever watched any of those old Taliban videos? Firing from the hip equals terrorist! Too many movies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts