FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many rounds/magazines the USSS carries for their P90s. Does anyone know? I'm asking about the USSS because they're the only group that readily comes to mind who uses the P90. I'd be interested in the stats for other groups as well if anyone knows them.

The "standard" load-out for Army soldiers is seven mags for the M16/M4s, but I've heard that is standard for any rifle that is issued, regardless of round count.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
80+ views and no one has an idea? :evil: :cry:

Wonder if they guys from FN could give me an idea of how many mags some of the Belgian special forces guys (or whoever uses them) get issued...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll post what I carry as my standard load out..
I don't work for the USSS but I do work for the Department of Homeland Security.
I won't identify which section but there is only one section within DHS that has the guns..

I carry as my standard load out three magazines all loaded with SS190.
One in the gun and two spares in a thigh holder, that and my sidearm.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Varhammer said:
I'll post what I carry as my standard load out..
I don't work for the USSS but I do work for the Department of Homeland Security.
I won't identify which section but there is only one section within DHS that has the guns..

I carry as my standard load out three magazines all loaded with SS190.
One in the gun and two spares in a thigh holder, that and my sidearm.
Var, thank you very much. I've been wondering about this for a long time. I understand (or at least suspect) that military needs for this weapon are different from DHS, USSS, and police force needs (they don't go looking for trouble, trouble comes to them), so I was trying to get something to compare to.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I don't know if U can get a definitive answer unless we get a USSS person as a member one day, or someone who knows one...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Keep in mind that USSS personnel are notoriously tight-lipped about every aspect of their jobs. I worked with a few of them when I was a Fed and they didn't disclose much of anything to me. Security in their offices was tighter than the FBI.

I was always curious about the counterfeit currency process in the days long before laser printers and when asked, they wouldn't disclose much about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts