FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me for urban/survival situations which type of barrel is most suited.

Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
For urban combat, you would want the CQB barrel. Generally, shorter weapons are better in urban combat (easier to move in tight places and accuracy isn't a huge requirement as ranges are very close).
If you were looking for a general survival barrel with mixed urban and country with possible long range engagements, I would have to go with the standard length barrel as accuracy is needed by mobility is also needed. The long barrel would not be good in an urban environment and the short barrel would not be that great for longer range engagements (particularly greater that 3-400 yards).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would think the standard would be the way to go. At 16" it's the minimum length you can have while maintaining a legal civilian status (without paying the requisite taxes and doing the paperwork for a short barrel). It's also long enough to provide decent muzzle velocity at the longer ranges.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since decent normal humans are stuck with 16", that's probably the biggest consideration. Another might be any new ammunition that is coming down the pipeline. Maybe something that is optimized to shorter barrels.

·
Registered
631 Posts
for me I would want the scar h for longer range work on CQ that is what I would use the scar L in 6.8 for. I see more a need for the long barrel with a sound and flash suppressor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts