FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a PS90 and removing the sight. I then plan to install an aftermarket rail in the slot that held the original sight. The rail that I plan to use sits low and flush with the bar that held the original sight. Once I make that conversion how will the height of my rail be in comparison to a tri-rail gun? Will the tri-rail rail sit lower than my converted PS90 in relation to the barrell?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
how is this?

I should get +50 karma for whippin' this up so fast.

Looks like maybe 3/4" or about 2mm?

I bet your added rail uses up that height so it will be about equal.

Sure seems to me that a secure integrated rail would be more stable long-term than a piece removed and then adding an after-market rail. Just get the tri-rail.

·
Registered
89 Posts
krinkguy2 said:
Will the tri-rail rail sit lower than my converted PS90 in relation to the barrell?
Yes. Look at the pic he posted. The easiest reference point is the rectangular slot at the rear of the factory sight/back of the TR receiver. The rail on a TR is directly above it. With the standard model the receiver is thicker in that area and the add-on rail would be on top of that. The available picatinny type rails sit highter than a TR top rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big time karma for posting these picks. Thanks, this really helps. I am trying to decide which one I should get. It definetly looks like the tri-rail model will sit lower. Does anyone know how is the cheek weld on a standard PS90 converted to a 1913 rail? Does the little bit of extra height hurt? I realize this is all subjective but I would love to hear opinions.

·
Registered
520 Posts
one of the first things i noticed on my white ring PS90 is how low you have to have your cheekweld for the sight to show itself. whenever i let someone look through the sight, i always tell them they really have to get down on it to see the sight, and sometimes have to push the gun up into their face before they realize the low height of the standard sight.

in my opinion, aside from sight height over bore, a higher cheekweld would be a good thing as long as it wasn't too dramatic.

ETA: +1 karma for ick. :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Also, don't forget that with the Ring Sight, you need to look through it with both eyes open. Its not like a rifle scope where you close an eye and look through the aperture. With both eyes open, you don't even notice the aperture, its as if what ever your looking at has a reticle on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts