FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone! This is definitely a strange question/topic..

I purchased my first PS90(traded actually) recently as some of you might remember. I've always wanted one after watching Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

Well, I got "lucky" and got a Tri Rail PS90 in my trade. I know they're worth more and are more sought after but they're not correct for a Stargate replica.

I am confused on what I need to have a correct replica. I know they use a model with a Ringsight.

What do I look for? Do ringsights "wear out"/are they tritium? What kind of value difference is there/what deal should I be looking for?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know this isn't exactly the norm for this forum haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The tri rail is "worth" more generally than the base model but PS90s with ring sights are usually worth just as much. There is only one ringsight that was made briefly that attaches to a rail but it is really hard to find and wouldn't be the setup from stargate if i had to guess, so if you wanted to get a ringsight you would have to buy a PS90 without the tri rail. (Don't hold your breath for the railed sight, i've been looking and they are no where to be seen.)

Some ring sights use tritium, some don't. You can search this forum for ring sights and it should come up with several threads where Jay from elite ammunition explains the differences. Tritium does stop working after a while but it can be replaced and there's also an illuminator that you can buy that is phenomenal sold by another member here.

I just looked up pictures from the movie and it looks like they are using the plastic body ring sights probably the white ring sight which is often argued as the worst ring sight but i really like it as long as you aren't looking at the sky or using it in snow as the reticle tends to be nonexistent when on light backgrounds. (the illuminator also helps with this)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The tri rail is "worth" more generally than the base model but PS90s with ring sights are usually worth just as much. There is only one ringsight that was made briefly that attaches to a rail but it is really hard to find and wouldn't be the setup from stargate if i had to guess, so if you wanted to get a ringsight you would have to buy a PS90 without the tri rail. (Don't hold your breath for the railed sight, i've been looking and they are no where to be seen.)

Some ring sights use tritium, some don't. You can search this forum for ring sights and it should come up with several threads where Jay from elite ammunition explains the differences. Tritium does stop working after a while but it can be replaced and there's also an illuminator that you can buy that is phenomenal sold by another member here.

I just looked up pictures from the movie and it looks like they are using the plastic body ring sights probably the white ring sight which is often argued as the worst ring sight but i really like it as long as you aren't looking at the sky or using it in snow as the reticle tends to be nonexistent when on light backgrounds. (the illuminator also helps with this)
Thank you for the info!! I will look into the different "models" of ringsights.

Here are some pictures of them in the show for anyone who wants to see

·
Vendor
5,548 Posts
Those are all the same White Ring Sight with the Plastic body. You will need my REM T3 illuminator to see the cross hairs in certain light conditions. https://www.m1bullpup.com/index.php?q=remt3
Good luck in finding any of the 3 different sights. White Ring Sight, Black Ring Sight (metal body and much better), Green Dot Ring Sight.
You can place a want to buy adv. on this website and cross your fingers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good guys, I appreciate it!

So I just need to get a basic model PS90 and a Ringsight?

I know these are the plastic ones now, but it seems they all look similar right? If so, I'll shoot for the black but will take whatever I can get!

I'll also post locally around me wanted to trade my TR for a standard with ringsight or cash.

Thanks guys!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the process of SBRing my PS90 as well for the Stargate look, although I'm stuck between using an adapter so I can mount a suppressor or going for the OG flash hider.

I also have four black ring sights that I may eventually sell. I'll let you know if I do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the process of SBRing my PS90 as well for the Stargate look, although I'm stuck between using an adapter so I can mount a suppressor or going for the OG flash hider.

I also have four black ring sights that I may eventually sell. I'll let you know if I do.
Same dilemma here, I want to use a 3 lug for when I want to suppressor but I want the original slanted flash hider for the Stargate look.. Tough decision.

And thanks, I'd appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It should also be remembered that the Tri-rail version is canon to Stargate Atlantis, as it made a couple appearances. Not "correct" for SG1, but it depends on how much effort you want to put into getting it correct.

return1_0558.html

PDVD_246.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a Green Dot ring sight on mine, but would prefer the black reticle, I think, So I might also be interested.

Also, for the "correct" SG P90, you're gonna need the right light. It's a Streamlight Scorpion, mounted with a scope ring.

As far as mine, I wanted to go for the classic P90/stargate look but I took a few liberties. Ring Sight GD, GSL P90 can and mount. Instead of the Stinger (even though I actually have one I bought years ago), I used a TLR1-VIR with pressure pad because I have NVGs. I put a REM-T3 on it but the damn thing cracked with almost zero use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts