FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the steel cased Wolf or S & B ammo in the 9mm? Give your experience/thoughts with it please. I was thinking of ordering a sealed tin for the “just such an emergency” clause.

Speaking of which has any one used the spam cans?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would not use steel case in anything but Russian guns.. Mak's are ok as for rifles other than AK's and sks's, I dont like it in AR's but alot of others can use it.

As for Spam cans... I have stacks and stacks of ammo in those. What do you want to know? I try to get ammo my ammo in spam cans they store forever you know your ammo count and they pretty look cool. I have some of those cans for SHTF useage as well.

·
Vendor
5,789 Posts
I didn't know there was anything wrong with the steel ammo? I have shot ( in a limited quantity mind you) the wolf through my glock and through my bushmaster ar15 and have not had any trouble. :?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm with fatcat. I've shot thousands of rounds of steel case thru AK based weapons without any problems, but won't shoot it thru my other guns. It's been years but I do remember it as being pretty dirty, may have changed since then.

I do like battle packs or cans for storage, keeps it all together and protected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had issues with laquer build-up in my 40cal chamber. It eventually caused cases to jam. Copper plated or polymer doesn't seem to have that problem.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have used a lot of S&B 9mm through my Springfield XD9 without any problems. Also according to their site the 9mm at least uses brass casings.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I generally don't shoot steel cased ammo through guns except the Makarov, SKS and AK's. But, I am sure it would work just fine as a SHTF stash for just about anything that will feed 9mm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Depends

It depends on what your shooting it through? A Glock will chew up anything you put threw it ! Same goes for the AK and SKS. I would not try feeding it through an AR. Also, they are quite dirty, but I have never had them foul my AK's, course you could shoot rounds from a clip full of mud and not jam an AK !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts