FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use SC ammo in anything but your ak or sks?
I've used the Wolf SC .45 in my thompson's and had no problems. Very diry though! So I was wondering how bad the stuff really is. Wasn't most of the ammo during WWII steel case? Anyone used 9mm in steel case?
Thoughts? Stories? Observations?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have some SC Ammo stocked.

I have russian 9mm Stealcase, just cause it always works. I also have some russian 9mm SC with nickel plated cases for fun purposes, as it sparkles so nice when shooting it in a compensated gun.

I also have .223 SC ammo, and it does it's job.

Russian ammo, and steel case in particular, isn't accurate compared to western ammo, but it is the most reliable stuff I know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've ran a little over a thousand rounds of Wolf through my RRA AR and haven't had any problems. Is a little dirty, but I clean after every session so it's not bad at all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
just in the 7.63x39 for me since that brass is like 258.00-375.00 a 1000 to much to lose in the grass.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone think this stuff is overly hard on the weapon or broken anything because of the steel case? I've always heard that extractors are broken bacause of the steel case, but if you have good quality military weapons wouln't they be able to take it? Wasn't a large quanity of ammo during WWII steel case? I know the laquer can gum some things up but most the pistol ammo is now polymer coated isn't it? I don't reload so I guess I'm just trying to justify saving a buck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well i never had any trouble with it but then again i never fired in my ar's but i do know guys that dump loads in there ar's? so some here or there is not going to hurt ,.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
A lot of shooters,have a tendency to stay away from steel cases because
of possible chamber wear.The steel case is much harder than brass and
and does not contract as easily as brass does, any grit within the
chamber will have a steel on steel sandpaper effect on the chamber walls.
Although I can understand the desire to use steel cased ammo due to lesser cost,
I would never recommend any steel cased or corrosive ammo
for any weapon. The primary reason for steel cases used by governments
is for cost savings or lack of brass,they would if possible prefer brass cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts