FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First shipment of STG556's going out 08-31 or 09-04 for those interested! Tony

CORRECTION: Shipping 09-01 (first 100), which is better- who wants sticky fingers while waiting in shipment during the Labor Day weekend?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very cool! I assume the black ones are shipping first? I am somewhere down the line for OD green. If you hear any news on the OD green ship dates, I would love to hear it. THANKS

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contact Robert at MSAR at (814) 363-9260 (ext. 19).

You may be correct on the black being shipped first. Someone that ordered a tan called and was informed that it would be 4-6 weeks.

Tony

·
Registered
262 Posts
thanks spoke with Robert this morning.
Black ones shipping next week
OD Green shipping in 4 weeks :)

Is anyone else here waiting for one?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update! It seems that the shipping order is black/green/tan.

·
Registered
262 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!
I was already to get mine and start shooting then I saw the new pics of the limited edtion package on their website and it looks so pretty, I am having second thoughts on whether or not to take it to the range......

Can't wait! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your welcome!

I do not know if I could shoot the Limited Edition. :NO:

But I guess if you are buying to shoot, then by all means have at it and let us know how it shoots. :arrow:

·
Registered
171 Posts
This just in from the MSAR website:

The $2000.00 MSRP price for the STG-556 "Limited Edition" rifles was a promotional pricing that was announced at the 2007 SHOT show.

Any sales of the Limited Edition rifles after today (Sept. 24th, 2007) will be at the $2499.00 MSRP price that is the normal Limited Edition price.

http://www.msarinc.com/home.html

Anybody got theirs yet?

Pics?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine shipped and is being delivered tomorrow via UPS. I will be camping out in my FFL's neighborhood waiting for the brown truck :shock:

·
Registered
73 Posts
OH YEAH

·
Registered
73 Posts
Truly AWESOME!! Very clear and solid black.. No weird PS90 disappearing circle routine :shock:

I am very thankful for that fact, I was worried I would have to invest in more optics.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was told that the SN's would be starting at 100 (< 100 prototypes/testing models?).

Great looking package- I can't wait!

Tony

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great rifle(s).....all of them. Would love to hear a range report when you get a chance? and what do you think of the knife? A freinds carries a MicroTech Trodon - its an impressive knife.

Waiting on mine too.........

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's a nice fixed blade. I have owned over 50 different Microtech folders / autos, but with the exception of their neck knife, this is the first MT fixed blade I have owned. Great sheath too!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did either of you hear about the SN's starting at 100?

I was told this by Mike at MSAR. Of course, he stated I would be getting @ number 30 (i.e., 13X), as well (saying what I wanted to hear to probably not lose a sale). :twisted:

So much for that as TBG has 203.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hadn't heard that. Are you waiting on a black rifle? I spoke with Richard today and told him he could go ahead and charge the balance and he said green should ship shortly. I have seen a couple on Gunbroker as well.....at quite the mark up.

....still waiting paitently :roll:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts