FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but I can't say that I like it....

·
Registered
510 Posts
^ I'm with this guy.

FWIW, stippling is pretty easy. If you want to do it yourself, it just takes a while. You could do it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
it makes me think of when a dog gets hit by a car and they have to shave a bunch of hair off to add some plates in or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stippling is an acquired taste. Not really what I would prefer from an aesthetic standpoint in most cases. This one is definitely better than most I have seen. Now in regards to function? No comparison. The handweld and grip are much better. The five-seven is pretty freaking smooth compared to other tactical pistols. Most of my friends with glocks enjoy stippling them. I pitcture them chatting over tea wearing dresses whilst ironing their glocks. (jk glock fans) With those guns, I don't see a loss. Shouldn't affect the total value of the gun in much of detrimental factor anyhow. Will I be taking the soldering iron to my five-seven? Probably not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could do without the stippling around and above the trigger guard, but I like the rest. Honestly, I don't think it is needed on a gun with such low recoil.

I still think it's awesomeness...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm hoping for a grey option in 2013 or I will be Cerakoting my Five-seveN when I get one. I'm just not sure if I want a 3 tone gun (black slide, dark gray frame, light gray controls) or a 2 tone gun (black slide, dark gray frame, black controls)...

The only down sides to the weapon for people like me who do not plan on shooting others ever is the price and ammo availability. It seems like it would be cheap like a Glock with the materials used. But since they have kept quantities down it makes the price stay up.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think a lot of the time people get bored and feel the need to always add or change something to a perfectly fine looking firearm. :th_anim_coffee:

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's a craze started by the US desert wars of recent times. I don't need "**** brown" as an option on any of my guns.
Yes, you don't need it on YOUR guns. But this is America and we have choices. I like FDE and so do many others. I also like black guns too. What is your opinion on ODG? Is it useless and undesirable too?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.