FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the stock in folding position and fired the weapon it scared ( not a joke) the top part of the stock I guess by the ejecting cases any one had this happen to there 16s to

·
Registered
510 Posts
Are you speaking English?

Reactions: goretro77

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
When I put the stock in folding position and fired the weapon it scared ( not a joke) the top part of the stock I guess by the ejecting cases any one had this happen to there 16s to
Can you illustrate this story with a picture?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Translation-"When I fired the weapon with the stock folded, the top of the stock got marred, I'm guessing from the ejecting brass. Has anyone else had this happen to their 16s?" :wink:

·
Registered
983 Posts
The brass comes spinning out of the chamber when it ejects, it'll strike anything nearby as it bounces out.

Every rifle has ding marks on it from that, even my remmy 700, except perhaps the F2000/FS2000 which drools cases out the front.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Oh sh!te! I scratched my battle rifle!!! Honey please bring me a Zanex before I keel over from a panic attack :icon_e_biggrin:

Couldn't resist.

No I have not seen that but then again I don't know what "that" is. If there is a crater where the cheek riser used to sit than you got a problem.

Now please elaborate before everyone's imagination gets the best of them and this turns into the "issues" thread we saw yesterday.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey, I am originally from Kentucky and I understood every word.

Good question. I have not fired mine with the stock folded.

So, you are wondering if that is normal. My guess is that it is normal. It is not wrong to try ask questions and to learn what is normal or acceptable.

Take a few pictures.

I have often wondered if anyone has ever reassembled their Scar incorrectly and not have the plastic base of the recoil spring in correct and then fold their stock and fire the rifle and have everything come flying out! I guess the charging handle would catch the bolt carrier group. It is just a crazy thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys I'm new to the gun world and this is my first rifle wich I payed out the ass for and since I'm not in battle I would just like the thing to look good

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also be careful when criticizing and craking jokes about people when they are asking for help and are new to the gun world if they where on the fence about guns and just wanted to try something new you could push them to the other side if you know what I mean

·
Registered
687 Posts
Don't stress a few little dings and scratches. If you do any training courses or other strenuous activities with your rifle it's bound to get a few marks. Just try to remember that it's a tactical carbine not a safe queen and the marks are just proof you and your rifle have spent quality time together. :x

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Don't stress a few little dings and scratches. If you do any training courses or other strenuous activities with your rifle it's bound to get a few marks. Just try to remember that it's a tactical carbine not a safe queen and the marks are just proof you and your rifle have spent quality time together. :x
This is what I was getting at.

mjh - Don't be sensitive as I was only kidding. You are quite welcome on the site but you will get some guys poking fun here and there. It's a good forum and you will enjoy it just remember to wear a thick skin and role with the punches as they say. By the by - can you get some pictures of this up?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also be careful when criticizing and craking jokes about people when they are asking for help and are new to the gun world if they where on the fence about guns and just wanted to try something new you could push them to the other side if you know what I mean
The group here is very helpful and were joking around. The thread came out confusing because of the miss spellings'. I was wondering myself in the beginning.

Anyways, worry less about dings and shoot the dam rifle.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry guys I'm new to the gun world and this is my first rifle wich I payed out the ass for and since I'm not in battle I would just like the thing to look good
If you'd like the weapon to look new, don't shoot it. I personally think weapons look "good" when they are used, as it demonstrates it is being utilized for it's designed purpose.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I too would like either a picture or clarification of this. Being picky on spelling, grammar or sentence structure demands those to be impeccable from the one being picky! :mrgreen:
Sup swamp! I didn't gouge this fellah on his grammar. As you can see in my signature that would be the pot calling the Obama black! :-D that's how that saying goes right? But really though a picture would be nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts