FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts-n-opinions, I know you got'em, don't be skeered, share'em...

Reactions: hillbillyjim

·
Premium Member
16,263 Posts
It has to be a fairly good pistol! when Stoeger is a wholly owned subsidiary of Benelli, which in turn is owned by Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta.
So have you ordered it yet? lol!

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope! I was just caught by the trigger guard and slide scalloping. Do not like finger grooves they can be problematic wearing gloves.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their "Coach Guns" are getting smaller...

It that a Side by Side or an Over and Under ???

:)
It's both a SxS and O/U it also uses their new proprietary 34.5rd stripper mag clips which are really effin hard to find.

Reactions: SCAR'd Mike

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I've actually read fairly good reviews of the no-frills STR-9. Very Glock like, although nothing is internally compatible with a Glock, if I recall correctly. Definitely priced to move. Turkey seems to crank out a a metric f**k ton of guns these days. Haven't seen anything specific to the 9S, review-wise.

Tangentially, I have an older Stoeger Coach gun, although E.R. Amantino is the actual manufacturer of mine. Lots of fun, but gets a little spicy on the shoulder after a box or two of shells (no butt pad). Nothing quite says "get the fudge out!" like side by side 12 gauge barrels.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems Stoeger has jumped into the modern striker-fired handgun market with both feet. I couldn't find a bad review either and their price points across the entire STR-9 line should make'em sell well too. Like I said, I like their trigger guard and slide scallops but they can keep those finger grooves.

Yep, a double barrel 12 can surely make a mess of it's target with both barrels smokin'.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a new Stoeger Cougar 40 cal.in 2011. It took me 4 months to get a new recoil spring. I tried Beretta, Benelli and Stoeger. Benelli was the only one to respond. They said all parts were produced in Turkey and were on backorder. They had no idea when they would ever get them. It made me a little leary of Stoeger products.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a new Stoeger Cougar 40 cal.in 2011. It took me 4 months to get a new recoil spring. I tried Beretta, Benelli and Stoeger. Benelli was the only one to respond. They said all parts were produced in Turkey and were on backorder. They had no idea when they would ever get them. It made me a little leary of Stoeger products.
Understood! I'm not buying one just thought they looked cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts