FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My slide locked in a position where it would not go back far enough to manipulate the release or lock it to the rear. I used a rubber mallet to free the slide, but it continues to stick at that point, and I cannot remove it to investigate the issue due to where it is sticking. As a former armorer, I am not opposed to just whacking it, but as it's my gun and not a gubmint gun, I would like to get input before I apply brute force. Has anyone seen or heard of this issue? :p

·
Banned
119 Posts
this confuses me.......how on earth did it lock to the rear without being able to release the slide stop? Maybe contact FNH?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
this confuses me.......how on earth did it lock to the rear without being able to release the slide stop? Maybe contact FNH?
Sounds like it didn't go back far enough?

Were you shooting when this happened? The only other time I've heard of something like this happening was when a guy had a squib and fired the next round, got a bulged barrel.
So, you either have a bulged barrel or there's something impeding the recoil spring/it somehow kinked up.

You might be able to push in on the takedown lever opposite of the lever enough for the lever to clear the slide, then you should be able to remove the slide. That's how the one with the bulged barrel was removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts