FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a streamlight Scorpion LED for 49.95 I like it I want to mount it onto my side rails on my ps-90, but I dont know what type of mounts to get (i.e. which is a bad one, do i need more then one). Some help on what types? pros and cons on them? How much? pics if possible? and where to get them?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, don't get this one:

I have the standard Scorpion light, and it isn't quite 1" in diameter. So, without a shim, a scope ring won't work.

I've seen various size shims online. Or, U can do what they do on SG Atlantis. They just use scope rings on the Scorpion, and they fill the gap with electrical tape. If you do it correctly, and only in the area covered by the scope ring, U won't see the tape.

I have a Brinkman on mine right now, which IS 1" in diameter. I've got some $7 scope rings holding mine on. Works better than that Fobus mount I prev had (I reviewed it at that link above)

·
Registered
43 Posts
workingman1976 said:
I just got a streamlight Scorpion LED for 49.95 I like it I want to mount it onto my side rails on my ps-90, but I dont know what type of mounts to get (i.e. which is a bad one, do i need more then one). Some help on what types? pros and cons on them? How much? pics if possible? and where to get them?
http://www.vltor.com/vltor-mountables.htm

LaRue Tactical Offset Flashlight Mount LT-606 , you'll have to buy the right diameter rings for the flashlight body.

I have the Vltor and it works well with the Surefire E-series bodies, 1 or 2 cell, but I like the larue because of the quick disconnect lever.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I got a surefire 6P with a surefire 1" mount. It works ok. It has a quick release lever. It was a little pricey though as I remember it. What isn't these days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
devildoc said:
I got a surefire 6P with a surefire 1" mount. It works ok. It has a quick release lever. It was a little pricey though as I remember it. What isn't these days.
Cool thing about the LaRue is that you can get different size rings to match the light that you have. I'm a "flashoholic" and have several handheld lights Surefire and custom and the LaRue would give the ability to go from E-Series, P-Series and the custom bodied lights.

A real compact config would be a E-series one cell light with either a KL4(real floody) or a KL1(optic, nice throw, bright hotspot, less flood). I'm also partial to LED's since they provide you lots of light with long runtime, but depending on the LED BIN, color rendition might not be as good as incandescents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts