FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Streamlight Scorpion light probably over 10 years ago. Back then, there was a mount that fit on the bottom of a Glock mag, and it was possible to have a flashlight attached to the magazine. This was way before there were all these tactical lights.

Anyway, I no longer have that magazine attachment, but I do have the light. It is very bright and it has a very nice feel to it. The tailcap on/off switch works satisfactorily. And, the entire light has a rubber jacket over it. So, one can get a good grip on it easily.

The light has a xenon bulb, uses two 3V lithium batteries, and is just as bright as a large mag light.

When comparing the light to a $20 Brinkman light I bought at Wal-Mart, the Scorpion is still brighter. Its also brighter than my Glocklight and my M5 tactical light that sits on my P99. These Scorpion lights can usually be purchased for $30-$36, depending on where one shops.

I already posted this pic in my review of the light attachment I am using for the flashlight. But, it still shows how the light looks on the side of my PS90.

I would definitely put this light up against those high priced Surefire lights. And, the light can easily hold up to the recoil of the PS90 (I previously had mine hooked to a 9mm handgun, as I mentioned above).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have that same light. I agree it is great. How is that mount working for you? I can't get that one of mine to slide on and off like it should.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wrote that review of the Fobus Mount as well. If you'll notice, in that review, I stated that I had to beat the thing on. And, it's on there. If I wanted to take the mount off, I'd have to take the light out of it, and beat it back off the rail.

This is 1 hesitation I have about taking my light off and on, to see if I like the inner side of the gun to be bare/flat, or if I like something on that side.

It's a big deal to take it off. So, w/ that Fobus mount - once it's on, U better leave it there. It is not something U take on and off easily.

If the Streamlight body was 1", I would have used scope rings, which would have been much easier.

When I put a light on my AR, I am going to use a Brinkman light that they sell at Wal-Mart that is almost like the Scorpion, and it is only $20. It is 1" thick. I will just use scope rings to mount it to the AR. I wouldn't buy another Fobus mount, upon further reflection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts