FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Living here in Hurricane country I'm always looking for the perfect portable lighting solution for those times when FPL (Florida Power & Light) can't be counted on to provide. Trust me when I tell you, I have bought, tried and discarded plenty of offerings from all sources imaginable. I saw the Streamlight "The Siege" about a week ago while perusing the interwebs and have owned Streamlight products in the past all with good results. So I bought one for $32 from Amazon and it arrived today. I have to say, it's much more compact than I thought it would be at 7.25" by 3.75" and very light even with three D batteries installed. Its light output is more than adequate having hi-med-low settings plus a single red LED for nighttime vision with a red flashing S-O-S signal option if needed. I'm impressed with the quality of construction and will no doubt be ordering a few more. Thought I'd share...

The Siege
View attachment 23149

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been looking for a decent light for my emergency stash, and didn't want a fuel source requirement. I might give this one a try.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we do have a Hurricane this year you can bet it will be put to the test...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I ordered a Elzetta yesterday after waiting/researching for about 6 months. I just wanted a good light for walking the dog and for those hurricanes/storms that we frequently get in FL. I'll have to do a review of it when it gets here as well.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oddly, I just upgraded my handheld tac lights as well and like you I did a great deal of research beforehand and opted for Brite-Strike Technologies products. I purchased three of their lights, BD-198-MH-2C, BD-180-MH-1C and EPLI and they are all very solidly constructed. I keep one in the truck, one on the nightstand and the EPLI with me at all times, the EPLI is extraordinarily bright for a penlight. I like the fact that the company was founded by LEO's who undoubtedly know a little something about tac lights. Surefire makes an outstanding light just a little pricey when there are comparable products on the market, I don't think I made a bad decision choosing Brite-Strike.

I ordered a Elzetta yesterday after waiting/researching for about 6 months. I just wanted a good light for walking the dog and for those hurricanes/storms that we frequently get in FL. I'll have to do a review of it when it gets here as well.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Oddly, I just upgraded my handheld tac lights as well and like you I did a great deal of research beforehand and opted for Brite-Strike Technologies products. I purchased three of their lights, BD-198-MH-2C, BD-180-MH-1C and EPLI and they are all very solidly constructed. I keep one in the truck, one on the nightstand and the EPLI with me at all times, the EPLI is extraordinarily bright for a penlight. I like the fact that the company was founded by LEO's who undoubtedly know a little something about tac lights. Surefire makes an outstanding light just a little pricey when there are comparable products on the market, I don't think I made a bad decision choosing Brite-Strike.
Bright-Strike products look pretty solid!

Regarding SureFire- I looked at their products and you don't seem to get very much for your money. The parts aren't even made in the USA.

They do have a great marketing team though-

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't agree more AW, I'm so impressed with Brite-Strike I felt compelled to pen a review on the lights I recently acquired.

Bright-Strike products look pretty solid!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts