FN Herstal Firearms banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been using the G-Sight system and love it. I have run into an issue in which the dimple has grown and now it will not activate the laser. I switched it around to different pistols, but it is still having difficulty with the FN 509 C MRD. Curious if anyone else has run into issues.
Yes I had the same issue. Problem I saw was G-Sight does not sell a replacement rear pad for the Gen 3. I looked everywhere. Finally I found LaserHIT which sold end caps. I ordered it and it now works fine. Here's the link:

REPLACEABLE CAP/KIT (2021 edition) — LaserHIT - Modern Firearm Training at Home

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been using the G-Sight system and love it. I have run into an issue in which the dimple has grown and now it will not activate the laser. I switched it around to different pistols, but it is still having difficulty with the FN 509 C MRD. Curious if anyone else has run into issues.
With the amount of energy the striker imparts on the primer switch, it's no wonder you're wearing them out. Nothing will hold up to that kind of abuse indefinitely. The replaceable cap type lasers are your best bet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the amount of energy the striker imparts on the primer switch, it's no wonder you're wearing them out. Nothing will hold up to that kind of abuse indefinitely. The replaceable cap type lasers are your best bet.
Agreed. Too bad G-Sight doesn't offer the end caps. LaserHIT does though and they work. It works fine with the G-Sight app. I may order a LaserHIT cartridge just to have one around. The end cap replacement is like 10 bucks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed. Too bad G-Sight doesn't offer the end caps. LaserHIT does though and they work. It works fine with the G-Sight app. I may order a LaserHIT cartridge just to have one around. The end cap replacement is like 10 bucks.
You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for the intel. I have been playing with filling in the end cap of the G-Sight Gen 3 with epoxy and then gluing a piece of rubber from an exercise band to see if it will work.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts