FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
:th_confused0024:
I have been waiting for someone to act on this idea and come to market with a quality adapter. The unimaginative ar15 buffer tube adapter that seems to be the first and sometimes only aftermarket stock option just doesn't cut it. Anxiously awaiting this product. I'll buy 2!
Agree with you on the buffer tube, I've said before I just don't understand why people are so anxious to take one of the crappiest features of the m4 and put it on everything they own.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Scars4us, if you are referring to the KDG item, I have no idea as its not out yet. I 'think' both SE and KDG's pics have shown 3D printed examples, not sure. Not sure whose products you're buying, but I have yet to 'Beat' or 'File' any component onto my SCAR to include; MI SSR Rail, SE EACH, KDG QD, G Super Scar trigger, Surefire brake...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The KDG is being advertised as $299 for the adapter and complete stock. It looks nice but the OEM stock works great for me and has been through the rigors of FN's development/testing as well as the real world overseas....think I'll stick with something that's "proven". I do like that the adapter part is all metal, that is the one tempting feature to me. At least if you completely broke the stock off the gun could still function.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I'm more curious as where I can find a decently priced new (or used) ACR stock so I can make use of this. I don't think there's that many ACRs out there and now with all the SCAR adaptor options, no doubt demand from the SCAR owners will increase the scarcity and price of an already limited market.

Reactions: STL

·
Banned
138 Posts
If you like the OEM SCAR stock then you can simply invest in the Handl Defense Stock Hinge upgrade ($180 blk/ $200 FDE) and reap the benefits of the metal hinge coupled with the OEM stock.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
If you like the OEM SCAR stock then you can simply invest in the Handl Defense Stock Hinge upgrade ($180 blk/ $200 FDE) and reap the benefits of the metal hinge coupled with the OEM stock.
I like that option but I think $180 for a machined plate with no moving parts is crazy. I'm just not going to pay that for a piece that took virtually no engineering, other than copying the OEM plastic version, to create. To me it's a $75 part but of course I didn't invest the time and money to bring it to market so that's just my opinion.

·
Banned
138 Posts
I like that option but I think $180 for a machined plate with no moving parts is crazy. I'm just not going to pay that for a piece that took virtually no engineering, other than copying the OEM plastic version, to create. To me it's a $75 part but of course I didn't invest the time and money to bring it to market so that's just my opinion.

I think the point here is that the OEM Scar stock isn't known for breaking at the hinge whereas the ACR stock is. The Handl Hinge replaces the weak link in the Scar stock interface while also reducing felt recoil at the same time. The Kinetic and Stryker ACR stock adapter replaces the OEM Scar stock for those who don't like the way it feels/looks but also introduces a weaker stock at the hinge and a stock that does't lock into place. Both have trade offs, for me the Handl Hinge is a better option because I don't mind the OEM Scar stock but I will say that the ACR stock does look better on the Scar and it has better controls. I plan to run mine while others try out the ACR option and reevaluate it at later date when both have had more mileage.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If you want to push Handls hinge that actually increases the forward recoil forces...start a new thread.

Reactions: cetane

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think the point here is that the OEM Scar stock isn't known for breaking at the hinge whereas the ACR stock is. The Handl Hinge replaces the weak link in the Scar stock interface while also reducing felt recoil at the same time. The Kinetic and Stryker ACR stock adapter replaces the OEM Scar stock for those who don't like the way it feels/looks but also introduces a weaker stock at the hinge and a stock that does't lock into place. Both have trade offs, for me the Handl Hinge is a better option because I don't mind the OEM Scar stock but I will say that the ACR stock does look better on the Scar and it has better controls. I plan to run mine while others try out the ACR option and reevaluate it at later date when both have had more mileage.
I have never seen a photo or heard a 1st hand account of a SCAR OEM stock hinge breaking. The Handl hinge seems to be a solution to a non-existent problem. It would be great if you could post some links to the occurrences of the SCAR hinge failure.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
The SOBA 1.0 adapter plate isn't going to be priced anywhere near $180.

Material: 7075-T6511, cut from billet and hard anodized in black or FDE per MIL-A-8625F, NA sealed for superior corrosion resistance.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The SOBA 1.0 adapter plate isn't going to be priced anywhere near $180.

Material: 7075-T6511, cut from billet and hard anodized in black or FDE per MIL-A-8625F, NA sealed for superior corrosion resistance.
Jim, thanks for the info on that. The plate you're going to bring out, is it compatible with the OEM stock or just the SOBA? Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
The Kinetic and Stryker ACR stock adapter replaces the OEM Scar stock for those who don't like the way it feels/looks but also introduces a weaker stock at the hinge and a stock that does't lock into place.
Please share as to how this was determined, as it appears on its face as nothing more than opinion.

The ACR stock does lock into both the deployed and stowed positions.

SE has performed the necessary research on the SCAR weapons systems, as well as receiving the most recent real world feedback from the 2-way range.

FN has addressed the latch button and no further action is required on the latch button.

The FN polymer hinge is not prone to premature failure, and stating otherwise gives FN an underserved black eye.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Jim, thanks for the info on that. The plate you're going to bring out, is it compatible with the OEM stock or just the SOBA? Thanks
The SOBA 1.0 adapter plate allows the interface between the ACR buttstock and the FN 5.56 & 7.62 weapons systems.

The SOBA, which finds its roots in the Mk20 SSR buttstock is a completely different fixed stock assembly slated for the precision shooter.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
I suggest that you call and talk to the engineers at Handl if you care to know. Again, I never said that the Scar stock hinge was prone to breakage, more the interface that has direct contact with the bcg. And spring tension holding the stock against the rifle when collapsed isn't "locking."

Please share as to how this was determined, as it appears on its face as nothing more than opinion.

The ACR stock does lock into both the deployed and stowed positions.

SE has performed the necessary research on the SCAR weapons systems, as well as receiving the most recent real world feedback from the 2-way range.

FN has addressed the latch button and no further action is required on the latch button.

The FN polymer hinge is not prone to premature failure, and stating otherwise gives FN an underserved black eye.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts