FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
My super rudimentary analysis using two equally-sized powerpoint brackets says they are roughly the same...

View attachment 36492

:D
That was awesome thank you! It looks like the stock's centerline is higher...I wonder how that affects felt recoil?

I also want to note that I am super excited for this product and cant wait for it to come to market...

·
Registered
392 Posts
The SOBA 1.0 has been quietly moving into production since 2013 and will be available in both a stand alone adapter (using your ACR stock), or as a complete plug-n-play pre-assembled unit where you swap out the FN OEM stock assembly and simply install the complete SOBA 1.0 in place.

Offered in both FDE hardcoat anodized finish as well as black: MIL-A-8625F Type III Class 2 with NA seal.

Final price has yet to be determined but both options will be a cost effective for the SCAR owner.

Thank you.
Will you also be anodizing the ACR stock adapter mount in FDE?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
He will and word on the street is it will come in OD Green too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is there an ETA on these? Definitely interested.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any many chance you make these with a non-folding ACR stock for the lonely California FN fans?!!
Theres a stock block pin you can install it if you buy I might be planning to buy the ACR stock but I want first hand play with it just stock config.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Is there an ETA on these? Definitely interested.
It's going to be a while.

Just have to stay tuned, and Stryker will post updates.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I hate to throw stryker back into a redesign, but since that comparison picture in the other thread showing the ACR stock to potentially increase muzzle rise due to it's axis being lower (on the KDG product), is there any way to try to compensate for that in the adapter design? Maybe have it higher on the adapter plate where it could bring things back to a negative bore axis?? Or heck, maybe he's already addressed it :?:

Picture I'm referencing:
http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-acce...car-stock-adaptor-kineticdg-8.html#post747078

·
Registered
27 Posts
After looking into this with my own ACR equipped SCAR, if you raise the stock there is a chance it could interfere with round ejection in the folded position.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I held a ACR today and played with the stock. I didn't care for it or the weapon itself. Mind you just because I don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. I am surprised that Magpul hasn't came out with more options for the SCAR instead of using an adapter and throwing a buffer tube and AR style stock and the ACR.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts