FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, here it is! The moment we have all been anxiously waiting for! 2 1/2 years in the making! Range time with the Stryker Enterprises MK4 (PMag) SEAL!

Ammo Expended: 120 rounds of Lithuanian 7.62x51 NATO, 20 rounds of Hornady A-Max 308 ammo.

Magazines: 2 Magpul P-Mag 25 LR/SR W magazines (manufactured 08/2014).

Range: All 140 rounds were fired at an indoor range, all rounds were fired at the 25yd line.

My first 10 rounds were sight in rounds fired from a supported position. I fired 2 strings of 3 rounds for initial sighting in followed by 2 strings of 2 rounds for confirming the zero at the 25 yard line. Rounds chambered without issue, cycled without issue and the bolt locked back each time. Lithu 7.62 was used

I then fired 5 rounds out of both PMags from the shoulder unsupported to test the function of both and to get comfortable with the SEAL. Again, rounds chambered without issue, cycled without issue and locked the bolt to the rear on both magazines. Lithu 7.62 was used.

Next, 4 magazines of 25 rounds at 4 separate targets to check the reliability of the SEAL on the SCAR 17S. All 100 rounds of Lithu 7.62 chambered on the first round, cycled without malfunction and locked the bolt to the rear on the last round.

IMG_0823.jpg

The next 6 rounds were fired by a guy next to me who I bribed to take video of me shooting the SCAR17s.

The final 3 strings were of 5 rounds each from a supported position. All 15 were Hornady .308. All rounds chambered, cycled and the bolt locked back on the last round on all 3 mags
IMG_0827.JPG

The SEAL performed flawlessly and as advertised. I had high expectations for the SEAL and it delivered.
I couldn't be happier with the Stryker Enterprises MK4 MOD0 as it met and exceeded my expectations! The 2 1/2 year wait was most definitely worth it.

Fantastic work Jim and everyone at Stryker Enterprises who make the SEAL possible. My hats off to you! Thank you just isn't enough for all that you do!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Still can find Lithuanian ammo??? Haven't seen it in a while.

Reactions: IKEWarrior04

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What muzzle device are you using?
AAC Blackout 7.62 M.I.T.E.R. Mount. It was the flash suppressor used on the Mk17 before it was replaced by the FN ECP Flashider that is in current use on the MK17.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Thanks for the review IKE. I appreciate you throwing in all the details you could. I kind of expect all the reviews to be rather short...like yep...works perfectly lol. I've been looking at the pics of the scars loaded with those 25 round mags, and I gotta' say...they look REEEEAAALLL GOOD. I've never liked 30 round mags for the 7.62x.51 rifles because they are just too long IMHO. But those 25 round mags...Gees they look bad to the bone, and not too long. An extra 5 rounds is making me really want one of those lowers too. I've got the lower that takes FN mags on order from Stryker now...with a couple of upgrades of course. But I do believe I'll be purchasing this pmag lower too. Again, thanks for the review - And...ANNNNND...throwing in some video of it in action !!!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
IKE, thanks for the pics, video and write up! Loving the bribe of the guy in the next stall, whatever it takes! Green with envy until my SEAL arrives. Awesome and enjoy!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Great review Thanks for the video's and pics. I'd be like, What!!...You want me to hold the camera and I get to shoot that Awesome rifle. Well sure how many times do you want me to hold that camera and how much ammo did you bring! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My pleasure, Jim. It was an awesome time and I enjoyed every second shooting it. I had to slide in a little range time and the indoor range was closest. One of these days I'll have to get out to an outdoor range and stretch out the SEALs legs a bit. Thabks again for delivering a fantastic product!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2nd SEAL Range Trip

Took my Mk4 SEAL equipped SCAR 17s to the range today. Fired 210 rounds though it utilizing Gen 3 20 and 25 round PMAGS. Long story short the SCAR and the SEAL both performed flawlessly and as advertised as did the 90* Navy variant cam I installed but had yet take to the range.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
these are good days my brothers!

Reactions: Smurky

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
these are good days my brothers!
sure are. Plenty of joyousness around these neck of the woods. Can't be happier with life right now.

Very blessed.

Reactions: Smurky

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Sounds great IKE!!!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
yes the 20% restocking fee has been discussed only like a billion times here before....we were all made aware of it when we placed our order...that S.E.A.L. you ordered with all of the components....your order kept someone else from getting their S.E.A.L. with all the components...so in fairness to keep the the folks who were not serious about ordering, the 20% restocking fee was instituted...Not sure why people keep complaining about this when they are fully aware of it...anyway, thanks for making a S.E.A.L. available to someone else!

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Stryker Enterprises are a bunch of crooks. They are an incompetent poorly run company. I ordered a lower with the stipulation that if it wasn't in stock then cancel my order. Robert assured me it would be done in a month so I went on with the order. 6 months later after being ignored they had a billion excuses why they suck. I canceled the order and they charge me 20% for their incompetence. There are so many good companies out there avoid these guys like the plague.
Follow the instructions you were given in the thread you started. :?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stryker Enterprises are a bunch of crooks. They are an incompetent poorly run company. I ordered a lower with the stipulation that if it wasn't in stock then cancel my order. Robert assured me it would be done in a month so I went on with the order. 6 months later after being ignored they had a billion excuses why they suck. I canceled the order and they charge me 20% for their incompetence. There are so many good companies out there avoid these guys like the plague.

And you've shown several times that you cannot READ! .....The topic of this thread was SEAL range time and review.....Thanks for pissing in my thread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts