FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs recently or has gotten any updates. Last I heard they were on the way back from anodizing 4 months ago and the tech caught the virus in January but was back at it in Feb. Not looking to start stuff, just want updates/ETA.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs recently or has gotten any updates. Last I heard they were on the way back from anodizing 4 months ago and the tech caught the virus in January but was back at it in Feb. Not looking to start stuff, just want updates/ETA.
SCREW Stryker, they make Handl look good!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
SCREW Stryker, they make Handl look good!!!
So yours didn't operate correctly or were finished poorly?

Their timeliness/customer service may suck but compared to all other aftermarket lowers their fit, finish and function is the best hands down.

·
Banned
105 Posts
So yours didn't operate correctly or were finished poorly?

Their timeliness/customer service may suck but compared to all other aftermarket lowers their fit, finish and function is the best hands down.
**** service is a deal killer for me. He's all hat and no cattle. BTW, all 4 of my Handl lowers are flawless.

·
Banned
105 Posts
He can't tell. He is still waiting on his....maybe he will get it in a couple more weeks/months/years/decades...or not at all.
My money's on the last delivery option. COVID gonna take Stryker & his money far, far away. You know, that place where they put the little umbrellas in the drinks and the women have those especially wide "birthing hips"...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
**** service is a deal killer for me. He's all hat and no cattle. BTW, all 4 of my Handl lowers are flawless.
Glad your Handl's work well, they had some real issues initially. Guess they're out of business now. Agree with you on Stryker''s delivery times. .....tough to take.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Glad your Handl's work well, they had some real issues initially. Guess they're out of business now. Agree with you on Stryker''s delivery times. .....tough to take.
Not surprisingly, Handl all metal lower parts kits, gas jets and other small parts are appearing on Gunbroker for sale all the time. I suspect that the AZ Class 3 dealer that was associated with Handl assumed his remaining inventory and is selling it off. The all metal LPK's are good but the gas jets are pretty big in size, 1.64mm & 1.70mm, so they're probably inteneded for the 16S, not the 17S. Any small time manufacturer like Stryker that uses COVID as an excuse for continuing delays is full of ca-ca and I'd be demanding my money back and notifying my credit card issuer. I did exactly that on the first SR25 receiver and batch of parts that I ordered from Handl after a lengthy delay with no email or telephone responses and guess what? One week later everything arrived via Priority Mail. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with napalm!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered mine July 3 2020..... still waiting and probably will be for another 6-8 months. Every time I’ve called it’s a different excuse, so I’m just going to wait it out and not call to hear more BS.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ha, glad that I stopped after getting my (3) E.A.C.H's, years ago. Must've hit um right, as it only took 2 weeks total and with 2 separate orders. They were waiting on the new batch to come in right after I got my 1st shipment and the next thing I knew, my 2nd order (FDE) was shipped, ha. Ahh . . . the early years . . .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stryker Lowers are AWESOME. I have 3. One all of my 17's.
Got both of my blacks in 2020. And just recently I got to my end on waiting for the FDE so I contacted them and just asked for it to be sent in "RAW" aluminum. I had it in hand 72 hours after the request.
Should I have been credited "x" amount for receiving a raw aluminum unit? YEAH I should. Does Stryker take FOREVER? YEah, worse than waiting for a suppressor. From what I can see their main problem is that they can not seem to get someone to coat them in any kind of timely manner. Other than that their lower is great. I probably would have done it again though to be honest since I wanted the 25 round Pmags to run in my Scar's. Sold all of my OEMScar mags and it paid for a lower and the cerakote now being done. I'll send pics when its finished.

Oh, and I know a lot of you guys can't stand stryker cause their faulty claims of the lowers being in stock. Yes I'm annoyed about it, but finally I have all of my lowers and my guns where I want them. But that said there is not another company out there that is making an aluminum lower for a Scar, so your're stuck with either OEM mags or Stryker.

My suggestion is tell them that I told you all here that I got mine early in the RAW form and request they send you the lower and also make a way to buy a raw at a lower price on their site.

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
Your kidding....right? You of all people who came on here b!tching about Stryker lowers and you post the above?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts