FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was putting around on Facebook and stumbled upon strykers latest scar product, a 90 degree throw lever for the Scar series rifle just like the Navy issued scars. I see this definitely appeal to those who have ars to enhance commonality in training with those who have ar15s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Looks like a step backwards to me. The 45* throw on the OEM SCARs was one of the features I really liked about it. Didn't know that the Navy went with a 90* throw.
Yep, they wanted it, something to do with keeping it similar to their M4's. 90* for semi, 180* select. Last I heard it was just for Navy guys.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yep, they wanted it, something to do with keeping it similar to their M4's. 90* for semi, 180* select. Last I heard it was just for Navy guys.
Well everybody knows the Navy is never wrong.

We have a fleet of ships, our own air force and our own army (the marines) as well as the best SF's in the world. So 90° it is. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
As with all Stryker products it was born out of necessity no doubt; many, many things on the horizon for this company-exciting times and thanks for the post up IKE!

Was putting around on Facebook and stumbled upon strykers latest scar product, a 90 degree throw lever for the Scar series rifle just like the Navy issued scars. I see this definitely appeal to those who have ars to enhance commonality in training with those who have ar15s

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

We have a fleet of ships, our own air force and our own army (the marines) as well as the best SF's in the world. So 90° it is. :mrgreen:
Yep, never wrong. Just ask 'em. :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

I understand why they want them but I won't be changing mine nor have I or am I going to change my AR's to 45* selectors, there are plenty of other things I'd rather spend money on like more ammo and range time.
I like many others am glad we are seeing many new parts being offered by several companies, not all of the offerings are something I want or see a need for but still glad to more stuff available.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Per a great old movie; "The Navy is never wrong. Sometimes we're just a little short on being right." :th_tsk:
Henry Fonda / In Harms Way One of my favorites . Also starring John Wayne and Kirk Douglas as well as Burgess Meredith.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I noticed Handl is coming out with some as well... They seemed to both be announced around the same time yesterday... :lol:
View attachment 37879
i wonder how long it will take for people to notice that Handl paid AXTS to take the exsisting talon 45/90 selector idea and apply it to the SCAR.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just placed an order with Stryker for a 90* Navy selector cam. Looking forward to getting it. Will try it out in both the polymer modules as well as the SEAL and report back.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got mine in....short cliff notes version....It works in both the OEM module and the SEAL. More Pictures and a full write up to follow but for now here's a teaser. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I received my Stryker Enterprises 90* Navy selector cam on Wednesday. Installation was super easy requiring removal both sets of selector screws and levers followed by removing the OEM 45* cam. The cam is removed and installed from the left side of the module. The Stryker 90* navy cam installed easily in both the 16s polymer module (not pictured, but tested for fit and function to be thorough) and the SE MK4 SEAL. I found the fit and finish of it to be everything I have grown to expect of a SE product. Both Magpul levers and required hardware installed without difficulty. The SE cam follows the OEM method of mounting the selector lever allowing the user to utilize any of the fine SCAR selector levers currently on the market.
Office equipment Typewriter Tool
Office equipment Machine Typewriter

Transitioning to a 90* throw was like riding a bike and the selector cam rotated buttery smooth (thanks to SEs use of Melonite) from safe to semi and engaged into semi tactilely. Transitioning back to safe was equally as smooth and tactile.

In closing, the SE SCAR 90* Navy Selector Cam works as advertised and is everything that Stryker presented it to be. Simple, rock solid performance without the gimmicks and flashiness.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Although the vast majority will stick with the 45* cam, I greatly appreciate options and fine SCAR products that Stryker continues to bring to the market.

Thanks again Stryker for another excellent product!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
IKE-

Thanks for the write up, pics and post up! I have been thinking about these as well!

I received my Stryker Enterprises 90* Navy selector cam on Wednesday. Installation was super easy requiring removal both sets of selector screws and levers followed by removing the OEM 45* cam. The cam is removed and installed from the left side of the module. The Stryker 90* navy cam installed easily in both the 16s polymer module (not pictured, but tested for fit and function to be thorough) and the SE MK4 SEAL. I found the fit and finish of it to be everything I have grown to expect of a SE product. Both Magpul levers and required hardware installed without difficulty. The SE cam follows the OEM method of mounting the selector lever allowing the user to utilize any of the fine SCAR selector levers currently on the market.
View attachment 38387 View attachment 38388

Transitioning to a 90* throw was like riding a bike and the selector cam rotated buttery smooth (thanks to SEs use of Melonite) from safe to semi and engaged into semi tactilely. Transitioning back to safe was equally as smooth and tactile.

In closing, the SE SCAR 90* Navy Selector Cam works as advertised and is everything that Stryker presented it to be. Simple, rock solid performance without the gimmicks and flashiness.
View attachment 38389

Although the vast majority will stick with the 45* cam, I greatly appreciate options and fine SCAR products that Stryker continues to bring to the market.

Thanks again Stryker for another excellent product!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.