FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Timney on my 16S and like it a lot... MUCH better than the OEM trigger. However, it seems "slower" in double-taps or quick 3-gun type stuff. It's almost like there's a small hesitation before the reset, like it's not following my trigger finger forward as quickly as it should. It's not something you could hear or see... you'd have to try to shoot quick splits to notice. To me it almost feels like there's zero overtravel, and I'm wondering if maybe it was dialed too much and the sear isn't being allowed to move back far enough to free or whatever. It kind of feels like the trigger doesn't really move at all... you just press on a wall and the rifle fires, and you remove your finger and it resets. It's not actually to that extent but that's the impression I get.

In any case, should I try to mess with it or is it a "set at the factory" thing that shouldn't be adjusted?

Also: I haven't installed the heavier .308 red hammer spring yet... I mostly shoot PMC or Wolf Gold and it pops those primers fine (I got a couple light strikes with XM193) so I haven't bothered with the heavier spring. Would it possibly improve/speed reset?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I kinda wish threre was some adjustment to mine to get a little of a 2 stage feel. But on hammer pairs I get a little sluggish too. I guess it's the nature of the beast. .

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll look into trading into a Geissele or Shooting Sight.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll throw the heavier hammer spring in and see if it helps reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts