FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I was trying to take my PS90 trigger pack apart to mod it, in order to add a second stage, and I broke the stupid thing. Evidently FN really don't want you to take it apart, and the pivot between the primary sear and the disconnector is held in with a small blind pin that is pressed in so you cannot get it apart .... or at least will break it while trying.

It's only a $50 trigger pack, but availability is the bltch, so I was heading down the path of reverse engineering the discon, to make it out of aluminum, when I happened to find a source of Styer AUG disconnectors. The guy indicated there were a lot of PS90 owners buying them. I took the gamble. So it arrived, and after holding it up against the PS90 discon I broke, it is dead-nuts on to look exactly like the FN part. The pin hole is the same diameter, the sear edge to the pin hole is the same distance, the width is the same, the spring contact point is the same.

This is way closer than I would ever expect for two companies designing stuff in different places. Ford trucks vs Chevvy trucks might be similar in function, but there are very few parts that are so close to identical that they can be switched between vehicles.

Does anyone know the back-story of how Styer and FN are so close? Did they used to be the same company, and one got spun off? Or was the person who did the rip-off design really so lazy they just did an exact copy?

THe SCAR has a crappy trigger that is a rip off from an AR, but at least they changed it slightly (to its detriment), so now it is crappy and does not interchange with an AR. For the AUG and the PS90 to swap parts seems very odd.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
OK, so I was trying to take my PS90 trigger pack apart to mod it, in order to add a second stage, and I broke the stupid thing. Evidently FN really don't want you to take it apart, and the pivot between the primary sear and the disconnector is held in with a small blind pin that is pressed in so you cannot get it apart .... or at least will break it while trying.
Probably because there have been some who tried to mod it and reshape it to P90 specs.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I was going to say there has been in the past someone who created a two stage PS90 trigger, and he included a how to for disassembly. But JHS is right, they put that blind pin in there, so it keeps people honest..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pictures pictures pictures

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.