FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was frustrated that the subcompacts weren't displayed at Shot this year-Bummer. Has anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
95 Posts
in light of the election, alot of new models (industry wide) are being put on hold till the industry gets a feel for the direction of the near future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The sub companct market is very crowded right now, the baby glocks, XDs, and walther p99c, not to mention keltecs. There is little reson to try to compete.

Walther pretty much owns the new sub compact biz right now with the PPS in 9mm and 40 any way, it is much smaller than anything outside of 380.

The thing that attracted me to the FNPs was the size and features. I like the manual saftey option, the hammer and the light weight, no one else is doing this but H&K and FNH is doing it better and for less.

The sub compact would be a nice addition but I don't see it as viable in the market currently.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beg to differ. In the FN FAQ there are about 5 responses from FN corporate, which states they are in fact bringing an FN sub to market. It was stated "late '08 early '09" When asked if it would be basically an FNP sub or "new design altogether" they stated "new design." In addition, it makes more sense in the current political situation to bring out subcompacts, in the likely event mag capacity is restricted. Though the sub market is strong, I would like to support FN just based on the fact the are civilian friendly. I really applaud them offering a corporate presence on this website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts