FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a nice smaller laser on my scar 17s but all Ive seen lately in reviews are none of the smaller green lasers (ones that don't look like a flashlight from a distance) can hold up to the shock of a 308 round. I'd like to stay under $200 if possible. Emphasis on if possible.

One of the things that I'm unsure of yet and it may fall into the stupid question category, is a side rail mounted laser going to have enough adjustment room to line up right? Or do i need to seriously concentrate my set up with the laser in line with the barrel?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice. It's best feature is the looks.
What I will say is that it's easier to see than the red one on my M6 Streamlight.
Not sure of the durability. You won't get mil quality below about $900, but then you can get IR illum and other cool stuff. IF you are LE.

I like lasers in tandem with a light, like the M6 on a handgun. I already have a dedicated light and thought the green dot would be fun.
I might try the Surefire green laser LED combo. More bang for the buck. Ever since I got the M6 I think every time I turn on a light there should be a red dot in the middle of the beam. I can put it on a handgun if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a lot of rounds through my Surefire X400 ultra on my AR15. Light weight and 500 lum light. Put one on my Scar 17, I'll let you know if holds up.

·
Registered
641 Posts
SL TLR-2S on the bottom rail here. Does the job great. A normal TLR-2 is the more affordable option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts