FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
A day that will live in infamy. let us remember those who lost their lives during the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japanese naval forces 79 years ago.
Big Muddy, Thank you for bringing up the 79th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, a day that will be forever remembered. Today we honor the 2,403 men & women who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thinking back to that time makes me feel kinda old. When I entered Kindergarten Pearl Harbor happened just 23 years earlier.
Guess what Mud, YOU IS!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Given the state of the world today I'd rather be an old dog than a young pup.
Ain't that the truth. I've already had more than my share of the fun!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
It was 14 years and 5 months before I was born and I had an uncle there and he survived, but felt guilty that he did the rest of his life. Yep I am old too !!!
Yeah, I've heard numerous stories about Pearl Harbor "survivors guilt" and there are still survivors today that when they die they have their cremains placed by Navy divers down in the wreckage among their deceased crewmates who didn't survive that day.

US interests are still hanging out there all over the world just waiting for another "sneak attack", especially after how quickly "we" (the Gub'ment) forget trechery like Pearl Harbor, Khobar Towers, the USS Cole & 9/11. Still gonna be a lot of 'Merican blood to flow when we let down our guard again. First it was the Japs, then Al Qaeda and probably the Chi-Coms next. Like the Jews say: "NEVER FORGET"...

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
Thinking back to that time makes me feel kinda old. When I entered Kindergarten Pearl Harbor happened just 23 years earlier.
It was 18 years for me. My father was in the Korean war. Those were days when Men were real Men and Women were REAL Women!

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was 18 years for me. My father was in the Korean war. Those were days when Men were real Men and Women were REAL Women!
I remember my 5th grade teacher regaling us with stories from his time spent in a German POW camp. I imagine your father had some stories to tell as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts