FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have my super scar to install. It must have been bumped apart in the mail so I'd like help confirming something.

The picture below says it all. I'd like to confirm that the fatter side of the spring should be on the bottom....seated in the circular grove in the main trigger housing. That would make intuitive sense but I can't find the answer online and I really don't want to put everything away, miss a range trip tomorrow and waste Geissele's time with a call tomorrow over this.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
There are a couple videos on youtube that show complete trigger install, helped me awhile back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They didn't include a slave pin like they do with the SSA. So I made one out of a q-tip handle. Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I installed mine last night. I didn't notice the spring had a fatter side. I do think I put the red painted side up. I might have to check into that tomorrow. However I put it in, It seems to work great. Even though I never have issues with stock triggers, this thing makes the Scar that much better. I was lucky to score mine from grabagun.

It's like cutting warm butter with a sharp knife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lester. I was working off that video and another one that had better lighting. The problem was that Bill never showed how that sub-assembly sits together because his didn't get bumped apart in the mail. I'm all done now and it's just amazing!

Thanks all !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts