FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the suppliers will be able to keep up with demand for the evil black rifle?

Seems like nothing is in stock anymore AR15 related. Will they start producing more or do you think the manufacturers are limiting supply intentionally?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I doubt they can, we're already seeing evidence of that.

My local truck club had a group outing to the last gun show and everybody went loaded with cash to get AR's, ammo, mags, etc. And these are folks who haven't had guns before!

Academy can't keep those Bushmasters on the shelves. WalMart ammo shelves are wiped out weekly.

People are panic buying, but maybe it'll sluff off and the manufacturers can play catch up.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I jhave another thread about ammo being bought up because of the panic buying. Hi cap mags are also being bought up completely on many online places. It's tough to find stuff right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah i did the prudent thing and bought ammo instead of a new gun, now i'm just saving my money until the panic buying goes away. at the prices people are paying for stuff now i don't how people will be able to afford guns, magazines, and ammunition for very long. eventually things will calm down but i'm not sure how long it will be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
New AR shipments, from companies like LMT, are probably 6-8 months out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked one of the dealers I frequent a similar question the other day and he said he didn't know when he would be getting any more. He was almost sold out then and said he couldn't get a good answer from his suppliers.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I was at Academy today, couldn't talk to any counter guys since the crowd waiting to buy guns was unreal, but they had no AR's on the shelf.

I also went to Gander Mountain and they had some AR's on the rack, but they weren't giving them away, that's for sure.

Ammo was somewhat depleted at Academy, but there was a bunch at Gander.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Panic

It's pretty crazy, I'm going to sell one more rifle soon, since I have pretty much have what I wanted. (my AK47 and AK74 Tantal on the way)

I kind of been putting off getting these, they really were not a panic buy but I did step up the time table on them.

I think Rifles are going to be rare for awhile, so I will be selling one more and get more ammo and mags.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went to the orlando Gun show yesterday and didnt see 1 AR-15 for less than 1700, even AKs and SKS's were over 500. Ammo was still pretty cheap but I just cant believe how much a non gas piston bushmaster was...1,995 :-?

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
I aw a news article about Cheaper Than Dirt where the owner said that he could not keep them in stock. He was selling them off the back of the truck as they arrived and did not even have time to move them into the store.

Not the only one I have heard about with this problem.

Oh, the evils of captalism. The contents of my safe keeps singing ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching!

·
Registered
119 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
I aw a news article about Cheaper Than Dirt where the owner said that he could not keep them in stock. He was selling them off the back of the truck as they arrived and did not even have time to move them into the store.

Not the only one I have heard about with this problem.

Oh, the evils of captalism. The contents of my safe keeps singing ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching!
Well I need a couple of AK 74 mags, if you need some quick cash :D

Things should level out and actually drop once a shipment or two come to shore from the boat.

I think Obam will be too busy with real "World" issues for him to stop and say " I have to screw the Firearms Guys before I look at the economy"

I think the panic will subside in the coming months, down the road, who knows.

BP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts