FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, time has come to start looking for a suppressor for the PS90. This should put a smile on my face. I am in the beginning stages of what brand I would like to use and have 3 in mind. The Gemtech Halo, YHM Phantom, or Tac Innovations. A good friend of mine is a gun builder and it happens that he knows a class 3 dealer with heavy experinence in the AR's in suppressors for them :D So with that being said I have to take advantage of this.
Does anyone have any personal experiences with one brand over another or pro and cons that might help? Like to get as much info as I can from here to take with me when I go to meet him. Still also undecided on weather I should just get a another barrel and have it cut and threaded or buy one from say CMMG. I am told the CMMG barrels w/ suppressor will leave the overall length of the PS90 under what is needed and I really don't want a butt extention. Leaning to cutting a barrel but am not sure if that will work. I am thinking the barrel has to be 10.3 so the thread adapter will hold in place. Any thoughts on this

·
Registered
32 Posts
extra option

One extra option for you to think about, SWR makes a suppressor called the Spectre that is steel, not alum, can be disassembled for cleaning, and can be shot for .17, .22lr, .22Mag, and the 5.7x28.

If this is your only suppressor, I can tell you that a suppressed .22 is a hoot, and a can that can be used on both a .22 and your PS90 would be a great decision. (Think of how cheap .22's are, and you can quickly come to the decision to shoot a pistol with a .22 upper for training most of the time)

I have one inbound and can hopfully give a range report on it soon.

Onyx

(If you intend for it to be shot on an AR also, then a 5.56 can that will do both the PS90 and AR would be the way to go. AAC makes a good priced M4-1000 that is bomb proof, so to speak, and I have heard that the TAC-16 works fine also, though it's selling point is the price more than anything)

Hope this helps.

Onyx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts