FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped out jets, I run a saker 762 with a brake. PMM 1.35mm jet on suppressed setting with the PMM shoulder ring. Setup works fine. I’ve heard recently that replacing the stock with an aluminum hinge piece like the KDG can cause issues suppressed down the road. I run a factory stock but thinking of upgrading. I exclusively shoot suppressed and have access to a lot of 762. Mostly M80 but M118LR as well.

question is does anyone here run a SAKER 762, and a KDG stock. If so, what’s your round count, jet size, and any issues that have come up.

Only really interested in data from SAKER 762, as that’s the can I have for it and mentioning a can with less back pressure like OSS or SF, Dead air, will obviously yield different results.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Watch PMM's YT video...keep the OEM stock...if need to be tacticool with the ACR stock...at least get a MotoTech buffer pad and torx backplate upgrade kit (I replaced all my receiver screws with Torx from MotoTech on my 20S)...KDG ACR isn't really an upgrade in my opinion...when I had the ACR...I did not like the stock...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean the real reason to get it would be to deploy the stock by just opening it, As opposed to using your thumb to open it gently. It’s going to be stored in the stock folded position. So more than just looks. Going for overall function. Unless you know of a stock button replacement that I’m overlooking that will allow you to just flip the stock open?

·
Registered
489 Posts
In my opinion that doesn't worth the potential reliability hit in terms of canting your rear receiver (yes FN will 100% know you put a KDG setup on it when you are asking to warranty out your rifle)....there is a reason its polymer back there...it acts as a secondary buffer....

If the latching worries you...you can always file away the latch point on the OEM stock or shell deflector...

If you still end up with a KDG ACR setup...make sure you tune your gas (1.3MM is the universal go to), get the MotoTech torx backplate upgrade and their rubber buffer pad...but you are spending $300+ on something that isn't really an issue...but its your $$$ and rifle...do as you wish...

You are running a traditional baffle suppressor...regardless of what make it is...it will increase your bolt velocity and it will bottom out on that KDG aluminum stock interface...it is not a question of if, its a question of when you will have canted receiver screws...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I trust the lads at Parker Mountain when they say to not use the KDG adapter or any metal back plate for that matter. They make high quality parts, have a rack full of SCARs and run them like dogs - if they say don't mess with em, I'd take their word for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts