FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I looked at some older posts about suppressing the FS2000 and the forum has a whopping 2 threads on this issue. One gentleman had his barrel cut down to 14.3", pinned a muzzle device, and changed his gas screw out for a 1.90 gas screw. With these modifications, he said his FS2000 ran perfectly suppressed on the normal setting, and without the suppressor, it worked perfectly on the adverse setting.

I know I have to drill out the pinned on brake first then have to find a muzzle device that's 9/16-24 LH thread to attach my suppressor.

Has any of my buddies on the forum suppressed their FS2000(s) or attempted it? Why or why not? I use mine on a frequent basis so it'd be good to attach my Dead-Air Nomad-L to it.

Thanks, guys & gals

·
Administrator
12,259 Posts
I have the option to suppress mine. I use my AAC SDN6 7.62 suppressor with my 51T AAC flash hider. No changes to the original platform except the FH.

I have not had any issues per say but I rarely run it suppressed so I would not be a great source of info for your questions.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the option to suppress mine. I use my AAC SDN6 7.62 suppressor with my 51T AAC flash hider. No changes to the original platform except the FH.

I have not had any issues per say but I rarely run it suppressed so I would not be a great source of info for your questions.
Maybe not, but you're still a source. So can you confirm that the threads are 9/16x24? As far as barrel work, did you drill the pin out by yourself or have somebody else do it? Although you haven't ran it suppressed much, would you say with your suppressor setup, it's not over gassing, or is it hard to tell?

Thanks HK SD9 Tactical for your response :)

·
Administrator
12,259 Posts
9/16 X 24 Left Hand.

I don't recall having to drill anything but it was so long ago that I'm not sure anymore. I did it myself.

No gassing problems with the 7.62 can.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was retarded when I started off on mine. I thought I was loosening the stock flash hider but forgot about the threading and ended up over tightening it so much it actually was torn apart by the barrel... yeah. Once I confirmed no permanent damage I got my ASR mount installed I was then able to mount my Specwar can on it. Thus began my adventures in port screw sizes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was retarded when I started off on mine. I thought I was loosening the stock flash hider but forgot about the threading and ended up over tightening it so much it actually was torn apart by the barrel... yeah. Once I confirmed no permanent damage I got my ASR mount installed I was then able to mount my Specwar can on it. Thus began my adventures in port screw sizes.
What port size did you use? I got a few of them. How the the firearm handle being suppressed now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts