FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a PS 90, SOON! I already have a Five SeveN and love it, an AR-15 and others that don't really matter right now. It sounds like from what I have read, that a suppressor like the Gemtech G5, works for both a .223 and 5.7 x 28mm rd.

If that is the case is there any reason that I couldn't use the same one suppressor for my AR, PS90 and Five SeveN?

Thx

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I can't say this for certain as I don't have data to back it up, but I would assume you could use the same can for all.

I say this because both the 5.56mm and 5.7mm are the same diameter bullet (.224).

Although, I would use one designed for the 5.56 for the 5.7, but maybe not vice-versa because of the higher pressures of the 5.56 round.

Just my .02, for what it's worth.

:shock:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Proof in the pudding...

Gemtech G5 on AR-15

Same Gemtech on PS90 with Bi-lock

(sorry, didn't upload PS90 vid to Photobucket so you only get a URL.)

And as a comparison...

The problem arises for the fiVeseVen, there isn't really a practical way to mount the Bi-lock to the pistol, even with a threaded barrel. It's just too bulky and heavy. I'd think you'd have cycling issues with it being a blowback design and the weight of the Bi-lock and the suppressor, but you can indeed use the G5 on AR's and the PS90 as is evident from the videos.

Zhur[/img]

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Zhur,

Was that you in the video?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Zhurdan said:
Yeah... that's me... no fat jokes!!!!

Zhur
How about chunky jokes?

j/k :lol:
I wish suppressors were legal in Michigan. I love that SBR'd PS90 by the way.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I need to do a "G5 with PS90" video sometime.

I looked at all sorts of Suppressors, but nothing was more convenient than the G5 with the proper connector. The G5 comes with a threaded attachment that you can put on your M4, M16, AR15.... whatever.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I would guess no since you can hear the supersonic crack.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nope.. subsonics are just too damn expensive. Still, you can shoot it with no earplugs if you want, it takes all the sting outta the sound. I wouldn't, but you could.

Zhur

1 - 11 of 11 Posts