FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Scar17 FDE. I am thinking about purchasing a suppressor for it.

I searched the forums and did not see any good recent posts so I thought I would ask for some advice.

I would like the suppressor to be easy to remove and put back on if one like that is available.

I have never used or owned one so I have no experience with them.

How are suppressors cleaned and maintained?

Do they affect accuracy?

How long do they last, i.e. how many rounds can go through them before their performance degrades noticeably?

Will I get blow back in my face or arms when using it?

Will I need to permanently modify my weapon to put one on it?

Does a suppressor degrade my weapon in any way?

Which one should I be comparing for my purchase?

I have an Elcan scope on my SCAR currently. Will it be affected in any way when using a suppressor?

Anything else I should be concerned with please let me know!!!

Thank you for any advice you can give!

Thx,
SRMTECH

·
Administrator
11,355 Posts
Check out this forum:

SBR, Suppressors and NFA Items

Search reveals this:

http://fnforum.net/forums/search.php?searchid=1702210

Now to answer some of your questions.

Depends on the suppressor.
Yes.
Longer than you think but they will eventually fail after many many rounds.
Possibly.
Depends on what type of quick attachment you might want to add.
Yes.
See the search threads. I personally went with the SDN-6.
POI/POA will be affected by the suppressor.
Yes. But you need to start reading because there are a lot of things that you will eventually want to know about that you are not thinking about right now and we are not mind readers so we can only offer some information that you may need or want to have.

Read the threads concerning the SCAR17 and suppressors. There is lots of good information in them to get you started and that will lead to roads not conceived of before.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Here comes my hat...

FN ECP Suppressor

:mrgreen:

Seriously now... answers to all of your questions can be found on FNF in the suppressor section of the forum.

-SS

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i have an AAC 762 SDN 6 (in jail), but i prefer the SWR Specwar QD mounting system over the AAC 51T mount..
Me too. I've been planning on getting a SDN for a year or so, but last weekend there was another guy at the range with one of the Specwar's on his AR. After chatting with him and seeing how it attaches I think I'm going to get one of those once I save up enough scratch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sent in my paperwork 2-25-13, was finally approved this Friday. My Templar ARK 30 is a work of art and when I witnessed a demo in person, I knew this is the one I wanted. It works just as good on a 5.56 as a dedicated 5.56 suppressor and works like a champ on my 22LR, 6.8 SPC, and 308 Rifles as well (it will be use on a SBR'd PS90 as well once that happens). The baffle design also removes what I would say is 90% of he first round pop that is present with most of the competition's product. I have another one awaiting approval from Templar for my 458 SOCOM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts