FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but didn't find much. Does anybody have their suppressor in a sleeve or wrapped? I was some online by was trying to get some input from members who have used them. Im running a sdn-6 on a 17

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wraps are good if you intend to dismount the can immediately after shooting, which is why most have some amount of nomex or other fire/heat insulating material. If your intent is to use one suppressor across multiple weapons, it might be worth looking into. Personally, I leave my cans on and only dismount them for cleaning the can and the host.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wraps are good if you intend to dismount the can immediately after shooting, which is why most have some amount of nomex or other fire/heat insulating material. If your intent is to use one suppressor across multiple weapons, it might be worth looking into. Personally, I leave my cans on and only dismount them for cleaning the can and the host.
I need to buy a different tac bag because with the can on its to long to fit even with the stock folded. They gave me a mit to take it off but I still have to wait a while for it to cool down before I put it in its pouch.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I have a thin pull cord bag ( pouch )that I store in. I believe it has a basofill coating or basofil thread material that it is made of.
Pretty sure YHM sells a pouch also. I actually got mine from a local LGS " smith " so I don't know what kind it is.
I do agree the cans , at least my Titanium/Inconel one gets very HOT..... and stays hot for a while, I actually thought they would disperse the heat better.
Never tried to fit mine in my Tac Bag ( 5:11 ) together , I normally carry them seperate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts