FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the options for a suppressor for the fs-2000? Are there any that fit over the standard flash hider?

thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
ihateliberals said:
Could someone tell me the options for a suppressor for the fs-2000? Are there any that fit over the standard flash hider?

thanks in advance,

Chris
This is probably the most important part of a suppressor and should not be taken lightly. Sticking with the existing flash hider isn't wise. If you are going to go to all that trouble to get a can, why be a cheapskate and try to keep the flash hider that the weapon comes with?

First off, do you have a THREADED end to your barrel, or do you have the flash hider with the pin? If you have the latter...you really should get the barrel threaded by a gunsmith.

Once your barrel is threaded then you have THREE options.

1. Buy a can that has a threaded end? Generally I would assume that this is NOT what is done any more. Can you even buy a threaded can nowadays?

2. Buy a Gemtech G5 or similar can with the quick release flash hider system. This is what I did.

3. Buy another style of quick release flash hider.

The thing is....any suppressor of any quality is going to cost you $600 to $800....plus the $200 tax, paperwork, background check, and WAIT....you better KNOW you want to do it and DO IT RIGHT.

Oh, and one of the best places for suppressor info:

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know I was being a cheapskate for just asking a question. Thanks for the insult.

Thank you for both your replies.

·
Registered
350 Posts
gemtech halo works flawlessly
the only thing with the halo is it isnt quite as quiet as a full on threaded suppressor

and youre not a cheapskate, dont worry :D

sticks and stones my friend

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
ihateliberals said:
I didn't know I was being a cheapskate for just asking a question. Thanks for the insult.
lol, touchy, touchy. My bad.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow, thats a nice 2000! :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts