FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an SBR'd PS90 waiting for me stateside. the barrel is threaded and it has a standard M16A2 flash suppressor on the end.
I have funds earmarked for a suppressor.
Now correct me if I am wrong, but a suppressor designed for 5.56mm ammo- which is IIRC a .224" bullet will work just fine on my PS90, right?

Any personal experience or advice appreciated.
Midwinter

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mark, do you make a suppressor for the PS90? Good to see you here.

There are no yearly costs, just a one-time $200 tax stamp for each suppressor you own. Suppressors are not legal in all states. There is a ton of info

here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=20

and here: http://www.silencertests.com/silencer-forum/

Just a FYI, if your planning to ask around regarding what brand suppressor is best, ar15.com is slanted towards Ops Inc and Gemtech, and silencertests is slanted towards AAC....

Gemtech used to make a suppressor exclusively for the PS90. They have since discontinued that model and now recommend purchasing the G5 for use on the PS90. The G5 is designed for the 5.56 caliber.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
Thanks, Fargo. I am in final testing on a can that can be used on BOTH the PS90 SBR and 5.7 pistol with the Jarvis barrel. It should be available soon. I am VERY pleased with its performance. I have also done several PS90 SBR conversions with M10x1 adapters so the customers can use their Gemtech 5.7 pistol cans. They are all quite pleased with the them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very interesting Mark, could you post a picture of a PS90 with the Gemtech 5.7 pistol can attached? I'd appreciate it!

I am sitting on the fence right now on what to do with my registered SBR. No work has been done to it yet. Nothing has been ordered.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
Fargo said:
Very interesting Mark, could you post a picture of a PS90 with the Gemtech 5.7 pistol can attached? I'd appreciate it!

I am sitting on the fence right now on what to do with my registered SBR. No work has been done to it yet. Nothing has been ordered.
I don't have a pic of the Gemtech can on a gun as I don't own one. If you look at my web site there's a pic of a PS90 SBR with one of my prototype cans on it that's pretty similar.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mark McWillis said:
Fargo said:

I don't have a pic of the Gemtech can on a gun as I don't own one. If you look at my web site there's a pic of a PS90 SBR with one of my prototype cans on it that's pretty similar.
Mark-

i left you a message a few days ago. i want to send my PS90 to you for a SBR conversion and supressor fitting. what kind of turn around times are you experiencing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts