FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the FH762SV-SCAR muzzle device from Shooting Surplus this week and got it mounted. As far as I understand this is the clone-correct device for the SCAR 20 SSR, and is why the SCAR 20's heavy barrel has the step-down notch in profile. The flash hider extends down the outside of the barrel and covers much of the notch.

There's still a small gap between the shoulders of the notch and the end of the flash hider, so I added a size 7 silicone ring to close the gap for aesthetic reasons only. To me this really helps the proportions of the front of the rifle and as everyone knows, looking cool is the most important thing in the world.

Just thought I'd post up some pictures in case anyone else is considering getting one.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm assuming good flash suppression with some very minimal recoil reduction from the design of the ports. I'll report back.

Photo-1.jpg

Photo-2.jpg

Photo-5.jpg

Photo-4.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
thanks for posting.
it does look a lot better with that collar. i wonder why such a gap.
i have a surefire over the barrel brake and there only a small gap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a chance to go shoot the rifle today at my local 100 yard range (underground with electronic targets). The POI did shift down approximately .4 mils vs my previous surefire muzzle brake. I will say the flash hider did not meaningfully increase felt recoil and did reduce muzzle concussion. I really like it overall. Overall accuracy is still excellent, so the harmonics of the barrel do not appear to have been negatively affected.

I've included a slow-mo video of the shot below so you can (kinda) see the flash profile. Bonus, check out the hit getting recognized by the targeting system just after the bolt finishes cycling. Solid hit. :)

View attachment 130021

View attachment 130023

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I also have that gap, thanks for the heads up on the ring. ordered.

I added Rocksett on the threads, hand twisted mine till it stopped and added an small amount of torque to keep it from spinning loose, its not lined up quite right but somehow your looks lined up straight? Did you torque it down a lot to get it to that point?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if you're talking to me or the LBC but there is no timing on the FH762SV-SCAR. There is no bottom or top of it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
if your device must be timed (like mine) you'll want to use shims. a "crush washer" can also be used, but i have heard negative things about that option.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You are not supposed to "time" these. Thread them on, and torque. They time off the muzzle so orientation is completely random. Using any sort of spacer/crush washer/anything can cause misalignment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts