FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fortunately I was made aware of this awesome piece of highly engineered metal about an hour ago by a very thoughtful AND distinguished forum member. Thank you, you know who you are. Had I not been informed I would have made a decision in error, a costly and not easily rectified error I might add, in short I would have sent off the wrong FH to be pinned and welded to my new FNH 14" 16s barrel.

In the hour or so since, I've researched this bad boy having drawn the conclusion, it REALLY IS a bad boy. Just as soon as Surefire releases them I will order one. FYI: Botach has already established a placeholder page. I'm not going to type all I read, no, it's much easier to provide the links to what I read. Heretofore are those links....enjoy. :?

SureFire WARCOMP-556-1/2-28 Flash Hider

New SureFire Warcomp - The Firearm Blog

Sneak Peek - SureFire Warcomp-556 and Warcomp-762 - Soldier Systems Daily

View attachment 36558 View attachment 36565

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a reason Surefire is one of the preferred USSOCOM vendors, they engineer stuff like this.... :?

This will give KAC MAMS a run for their money...

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Raider

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Designed specifically by and for SF suppressors and apparently the answer to field requests from those playing on the two-way range. I just love this forum, so many ways to spend money, it's like everyday I can count on at least $100 going bye, bye. Hmm, there's quite a few days in a year aren't there?

Will work with surefire suppressors I'm in

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well....we all can't keep up with the thousands LESTER spends each day. We all make our contributions to the firearms industry and for that they should be thankful... :mrgreen:

100 lol you doing good brother lmfao

Reactions: hillbillyjim

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be informed, educated, thrifty and wise. Send those FH's back before it's too late then join me and a few others who'll patiently await.... :?

FRACK!!!!!!!!!, FRACK, FRACK, FRACK! I just ordered 4 556 socom FH's!

Reactions: Csmit017

·
Registered
76 Posts
DAMMIT I just removed my SF FH and rock setted the damn thing. Quick question any one know how to get rock sett off? lol. No but really how do you get that stuff off.

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Use a heat gun NOT a blow dryer, heat it up, take it off.

DAMMIT I just removed my SF FH and rock setted the damn thing. Quick question any one know how to get rock sett off? lol. No but really how do you get that stuff off.

cheers

Reactions: Csmit017

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts

cheers
Let it soak for a day (or three) in water. It's heat resistant.

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really? Water? I've always removed every FH I've encountered with my Milwaukee Heat Gun. Sure Roksett is heat resistant but I think 1100* softens it enough 'cause I've never had a problem.

Let it soak for a day (or three) in water. It's heat resistant.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Really? Water? I've always removed every FH I've encountered with my Milwaukee Heat Gun. Sure Roksett is heat resistant but I think 1100* softens it enough 'cause I've never had a problem.
Honestly, unless it was applied heavily, you should be able to just grunt it off.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks AK,

I'll remember that for the future, it saves me burning myself with the heat gun - I do every time- and freaking out worrying that my barrel's rusting while soaking in H2O!

Honestly, unless it was applied heavily, you should be able to just grunt it off.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Thanks AK,

I'll remember that for the future, it saves me burning myself with the heat gun - I do every time- and freaking out worrying that my barrel's rusting while soaking in H2O!
I'm certainly no expert. But unless over torqued, I've had luck just muscling it. But if that thing was cranked down by Mighty Joe Young, then heat is the way to go.

Reactions: SeaMac
1 - 20 of 126 Posts