FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the new Surefire LED/laser tac light is out.
The long awaited X200L/X300L is now called the X400.
Any one have one yet?
With a sticker price of $435, I don't feel like being the first one to take the plunge. Especially when I can get a Streamlight TLR-2 for half the price.
Want to know if its worth it or not.
IMO the price of a X300 is worth it over a Streamlight TLR-1. But your looking at $450 shipped for the X400. If it was maybe $300, I would get one now.

-------
The versatile SureFire X400 features a solid-state, electronically regulated LED that generates 110 lumens of tactical-level light — enough to overwhelm an aggressor's night-adapted vision. Its specially developed Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens creates a bright, tightly focused central beam with plenty of reach and enough surround beam to accommodate peripheral vision. A hard-anodized aerospace-grade aluminum body protects the X400's electronics, and O-ring seals and gaskets make the entire unit waterproof to 22 meters. A tempered Pyrex® window protects its LED and, thanks to a thin layer of anti-reflective coating, helps maximize light transmission. The X400 attaches to both Universal and Picatinny rails in moments, via its proprietary Rail-Lock™ system, and comes with adapter plates for both. An ambidextrous toggle/push switch provides convenient, fail-safe operation.

The X400 is also equipped with a 635nm Red Laser.

Max Output: 110 lumens (5 times the light of a two-D-cell flashlight); continues producing tactical-level light for 2.4 hours
Versatile beam is perfect for longer- and close-range applications
Ambidextrous tactical switching enables fail-safe operation under fire
Instantly attaches to most handguns with a Universal rail and handguns/long guns with a Picatinny rail
Batteries — two SF123 3-volt lithiums with 10-year shelf life
Aerospace-aluminum construction with Mil-Spec, Type III hard-anodized finish
O-ring sealed and gasketed; waterproof to 22 meters
Weight (w/ Batteries): 4.4 oz. (124.8 g)
Dimensions: 3.54 " L x 1.46" W x 1.86" H (9.0 cm L x 3.7 cm W x 4.7 cm H)
----------

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'll never spend that much - too rich for me.

My M5 light (basically, an M3 that fits the Walther P99/SW99) was purchased on a closeout (new) for $60. I've paid $95 for a Glock light a while back too. That's about the top I'll pay. I'm a cheapie.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how it works out for you.
I know it was delayed for years because they were working out some big problems with it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Really didn't know that yeah I looked at it last week I was considering the m6x then I saw the surefire and was hooked. As soon as I get the money for it I will post up some pics when I get it. But it's very solid they did a good job with it. It didn't feel cheap or that it would break. That was a plus for me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I really like the X400. Spending 400 bucks is something I despise... I can get a new glock for a little more than that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts