Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to swap a NIB FNAR(20 in, heavy barrel), plus an
additional $800, for a NIB SCAR 17S. I recognize that the FNAR is an excellent
rifle but the SCAR 17S can do it all.

This looks like a good deal, is it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
If the SCAR is new that's a steal... I don't know what you have in the FNAR but I've seen the 20" HB go for from just under $1000 to $1200. It all depends on what you want but that's simple math IMO.

P.S. DO IT!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, here's what happened. On a prior thread I described the accuracy problems I had with my 4-5 year old FNAR. FNH
tested the FNAR, recognized the problem and set me up for a replacement FNAR. A month and a half later a box was
delivered with my replacement rifle and the box contained the SCAR 17S. I called FNH to inform them of the error, I had
no intent of taking advantage here. They took a couple of weeks to get back to me and said I could ship the SCAR back
or I could keep it for an add'l $800. After researching the SCAR 17S and checking on this forum it was an easy decision
to keep the SCAR. I will take it out to the range in the next couple of days.

FNH is one hell of a customer friendly company!

·
Registered
478 Posts
If that's what happened you made out like a bandit. I would prefer a SCAR over the FNAR but on trade/resale you came out ahead by a few hundred dollars...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to shoot the SCAR tomorrow for the second time. Obviously an
outstanding battle rifle, hunting rifle..target rifle. I am very pleased with the SCAR.
I have no battles to fight, will not kill any living creature and therefore will punch
holes in paper and have a great pride in ownership. I will also shoot my M1917
tomorrow. Hey, that was a great battle rifle ninety years ago. Somehow, although
inferior in every respect except nostolgia, I really have the closest affinity to my
M1 Garand, 03A3 Springfield and my M1917.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK, here's what happened. On a prior thread I described the accuracy problems I had with my 4-5 year old FNAR. FNH
tested the FNAR, recognized the problem and set me up for a replacement FNAR. A month and a half later a box was
delivered with my replacement rifle and the box contained the SCAR 17S. I called FNH to inform them of the error, I had
no intent of taking advantage here. They took a couple of weeks to get back to me and said I could ship the SCAR back
or I could keep it for an add'l $800. After researching the SCAR 17S and checking on this forum it was an easy decision
to keep the SCAR. I will take it out to the range in the next couple of days.

FNH is one hell of a customer friendly company!
I wonder if some poor guy send his scar 17 in for work and got an FNAR back from FNH 8+800 cash to make good? 😱

1 - 13 of 13 Posts