FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this scope on their 17s?
I have one on my 16"-barrelled 17s and it's a pretty solid optic. The reticle is FFP so not sure if you like those or not; the subtensions are also mil scale rather than MOA. My only dislike is that the cross hairs even at maximum magnification are a little smaller than I prefer, i.e. they do not cover all or even most of the field of view, but rather a small portion in the middle. I would have preferred at least the vertical subtensions to drop further down towards the bottom of the FOV. OTOH this is only a 1-6x scope so IMO this point is just a personal preference.
The glass is crisp and clear to the edges. I like the alternating on-off illumination dial. It's built like a tank so it's rather hefty for a 1-6x.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am also running this optic on my SCAR 17s. Pretty well agree with the post above. My research told me that this optic pretty well captures the most bang for the buck in the 1-6 variable space (especially under the introductory combo price that was available at product launch). The magnification ring is a bit stiff but works great with a SWFA cat tail. The adjustment knobs and turret caps are nice and I ordered a set of elevation zero stop spacers over from the supplier at snipershide. I've shot mine from 25 yards to 600 yards and it helps me shoot sub-MOA when I do my part. Although this optic could very well stay pretty well permanently on the SCAR, I plan to move this to an "AR15" and pick up the USO SR-8C for the SCAR to get a bit higher magnification. The USO is certainly a bit of a treat to myself. I don't imagine that its performance will be over 3X that of the SWFA (as it is over 3X the discounted/introductory price...).

I definitely recommend this optic for a great bang for the buck solution that allows one to use most of the full range of the rifle in one package.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Another +1 to the SWFA 1-6X. I run min on a Bobro mount and my SCAR has an EACH on it.

Great optic, good clarity. Only gripe is that it does add heft to the gun. I may move it to a different rifle and use an Aimpoint PRO instead and switch back and forth when need be.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Agree with what's been written. Got one about a year ago for the SCAR and then moved it to its permanent home on a G-36K conversion. Just wanted my SCAR set up for longer range so went with a high mag Leupy. One problem with the illumination which went out and it went back for they were outstanding and took care of it fast, no fuss, no muss.

Positives:
Very clear glass
Very solid build
I really like the reticule - at 1x it's like an Eotech and at 6X you get mil-dot. Plenty bright even in full sun

Negatives:
It's heavy and it creates some problems for changing how the gun feels, points and shoots
On my replacement scope, the outer ring creates a glow around the end of the scope at 6X you can't eliminate
Magnification is very stiff (and I don't tend to like cat tails)
Maybe a bit of a "chunky" design to my eye but that's more personal opinion

I'd recommend over any other 1x6 I've handled so far and that includes some that are favorites here. Matt

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've loved mine so far. As already mentioned it is a bit heavy, but that just means you need to work out more right? Seriously, consider what you plan on doing with the rifle before throwing accessories on there and such. The weight starts to add up quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts