FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, this is one solid piece of engineering. I just went to the range and ran 100 rounds of Remington subsonic, 20 rounds if Winchester white box high velocity and 50 rounds of Aguila through it. All 170 rounds cycled with no issue.

After a few mags of each we alternated subsonic rounds and a high velocity rounds in one mag, so we could listen to see if every other shot was louder/more quiet. To be honest, we could barely discern a difference in sound between the rounds. Obviously we weren't wearing hearing protection, each shot was nothing but a click barely louder than snapping your fingers.

I went with the Spectre because I wanted the flexibility of the multiple calibers. I have 4 weapons I want to use this on - the Walther P-22 is what I used today, but I also will use it on my GSG-5, FN Five-seveN and FN PS-90. It's good for .17 HMR as well, but I don't have anything in that caliber.

So, I'm giving the SWR Spectre a big thumbs up!!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Madhouse,

You suck man. Now I want a can on all my weapons :(
Good write up though....looking good!! :shock:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Out of curiosity what does a silencer do (if anything) to accuracy? So this silencer can be moved to different weapons? That would be ideal. Thanks for the info on this brand.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SWR claims enhanced accuracy due to stabilization of the bullet before leaving the muzzle.

I read somewhere that it depends a lot on the caliber, host weapon, and brand of silencer. One user found the shot placement consistently one inch high at a hundred yards with a carbine-length AR-15 in 5.56 with an AAC silencer.

I haven't found any data to suggest diminshed accuracy with a suppressor, but there might be some out there. Unfortunately I wasn't trying to be accurate yesterday, I just wanted to do a functional test and check the sound reduction.

I will, however be doing some accuracy testing in a couple of months with my short-barrel Rock River Arms AR-15 in 5.56 with my Quicksilver Mfg. titanium silencer. Stay tuned...

:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts