FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons on a TA33R8 and TA31DOC. I can't make up my mind. I've been vacillating for awhile. Like them both. I know the difference in the eye relief is .40". The field of view at 100' is a difference of about 17.5'. I've shot the DOC and loved it. Played with the TA33 at the fun store. Haven't shot it. Any help and opinions would be great. I also posted on Glock Talk, not much response.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just ordered the TA31DOC for an AR15 for patrol use. I am using this setup for longer range shots and wanted the red dot sight in the event I have to use it for an entry.

I have an Aimpoint CompM3 on my PS90 and like using a simple red dot system for CQB.

My hope is the TA31DOC will fit my needs perfect. I should have it the Wednesday and will hopefully zero it on Saturday for duty use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a TA33r8. The thing is great. Went shooting with my wife, she wouldn't give the rifle back. The eye relief is exhalent. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a TA33R8 on my AR. I am really happy with it. So much so that I am thinking of another for my FS2000. Mine has the amber chevron. No issues with the eye relief. I don't have any other ACOGs, but if the quality is the same as mine you can't go wrong with any of them. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the glass.

What are you going to mount it on? My AR has the removable A3 carry handle. I mounted the ACOG to the flat top rail but didn't like the shadow from the FSB, so I mounted it on top of the rail. Now I can use the original sights as BUIS. I was really surprised that the cheekweld was still reasonable with the collapsible stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts