FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been mulling over how to mount a light on this gun. i have a list of "requirements" including:

1. no wires.
2. i like the light centered, and below the barrel.
3. i want the switch to be in the same place as it is on my handguns.

this is what i came up with. im not done yet, still need to clean up the reverse side of the bolts, and fix a lug to the bar so the light wont slide off the end. the light will probably be replaced with a TLR2 (same light, but with a laser), and the whole thing may be recreated in aluminum later, but i made this with a bench grinder, a drill press, a vise, a hammer, a hand drill, and a piece of 3/4 inch flat bar.

·
Registered
980 Posts
lookin' good!
I couldn't agree more with your no wires, slim profile philosophy
I think this is the best PS90 tac light solution I have seen to date.
one problem- will your suppressor fit?
:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it will fit the can, actually there is 1/4 inch clearance. i cannot however take a picture, as the reciever is off at the machinist's house until i heard back from uncle sam with my permission slip. should be done in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
lightfighter said:
it will fit the can, actually there is 1/4 inch clearance. i cannot however take a picture, as the reciever is off at the machinist's house until i heard back from uncle sam with my permission slip. should be done in a couple weeks.
oh. ok :?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the bolt/nuts as they are pictured are going to be turned around(i couldnt mount the light that way untill i trim the bolts to the exact length required), so the smooth allen head machine screw faces the hand, but with the light mounted, the hand is laid on the forend more like a traditional rifle grip, indexing the thumb on the switch. i will post a picture tommorow, maybe i can get across town and pick up the reciever before i do, but i doubt it has a barrel in it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here it is... remember, the light is aligned under what will be the bottom of a can, so that awkward gap wont be there. i think im going to remake it out of aluminum at some point for a more clean look, and replace the light with a TLR2, so i can have a laser too, but for now, this cost me $6.12 cents, including tax.

this is the shooting grip, light activated with the thumb down on the deadman switch. if you flick it up, it stays on. i prefer the deadman switch generally.

i'm going to clean the bolts up a bit more, by using locktight on jam nuts, which are thinner. no good reason to except appearance, these nylocks dont interfere with anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts